Plz Recommend goooood translator

puuuuuured

Aug 22, 2018
I'm planning a trip to Korea and my trip is for a month which spares me time to do and find a right clinic for my revision rhino and breast augmentation. I realized that there are so many clinic not mentioned because they don't do marketing targeting foreigners. I'm considering to hire a translator so she/he can assists me to all the consultation and searching.

I read a thread written by man who did rhino in Korea and he mentioned that this is better way for the cost and more info. Anyone tried this or anyone know real good translator who can actually speak medical English? If you have some experience please share here! THX

I once had a microblading eyebrows in Gangnam and the therapist said that she used to work in ps business and speaks great English. She said sometimes she gets called in to translate. I'm sure whether she works for a clinic or patients but I can give you the no. if you want to contact her

Sure, Please do share if it is her personal info, dm me @sabear44 Thank you ;) Seems like clinics do have their own translator but no harms to have it, right? I will contact clinics and see how they respond and if the situations goes like I need my own translator, I will ring her

Thank you! I just have a lil doubt whether the renowned clinics here with English translators are not that popular in Korea with locals? but maybe I'm too paranoid. Have visited SK or do you plan soon?

yeah I understand that, some hospitals are super popular among foreigners but not a popular one among koreans. However, I prefer a domestic hospital with some foreigner customers. They offer better price and they have better result for sure. I wouldn't go to ID or Grand to get surgery cause they are TOO popular and industrial so they can't take care well and the doctor seem busy all the time so I am kinda not comfortable to have them do the surgery for me, I am living in South Korea now so I went to some consulting already. I will do my nose and breast in Eight hospital. You can talk with them or the view hospital is good too, but when I come to Eight, there are many Japanese customers so i chose it lol

Last edited:
Reactions: puuuuuured
Sure, Please do share if it is her personal info, dm me @sabear44 Thank you ;) Seems like clinics do have their own translator but no harms to have it, right? I will contact clinics and see how they respond and if the situations goes like I need my own translator, I will ring her
Hope I’m not giving it too late:sad:(

It is her business no. I don’t think she’d mind it shared here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm Korean American, but not too fluent in Korean myself, but when I had my parents help me with my research on places to get double jaw surgery in Korea, I realized there are tons and tons of places that seem to be well known to Koreans but I've never heard of doing research in English.

So I do think there is something to doing your research with the help of a Korean before going.

Reactions: sabear44
Agree, all the huge clinics and hospitals can manage a team to market foreigners and the rest of clinics in korea are unknown to us. I am not criticizing the big hospitals . I am sure their service and facility are great but they tend to switch the surgeons very often and so busy... I’m keen to middle or small clinics.

yeah I understand that, some hospitals are super popular among foreigners but not a popular one among koreans. However, I prefer a domestic hospital with some foreigner customers. They offer better price and they have better result for sure. I wouldn't go to ID or Grand to get surgery cause they are TOO popular and industrial so they can't take care well and the doctor seem busy all the time so I am kinda not comfortable to have them do the surgery for me, I am living in South Korea now so I went to some consulting already. I will do my nose and breast in Eight hospital. You can talk with them or the view hospital is good too, but when I come to Eight, there are many Japanese customers so i chose it lol
Thank you. See, I have never heard of Eight. This is why I was planning to hire a translator. I will share the hidden gem clinic if I found one.

I'm Korean American, but not too fluent in Korean myself, but when I had my parents help me with my research on places to get double jaw surgery in Korea, I realized there are tons and tons of places that seem to be well known to Koreans but I've never heard of doing research in English.

So I do think there is something to doing your research with the help of a Korean before going.

Hello,
I am english speaking foreign patient. My first surgery (face contouring surgery) didn't solve all my problems including facial asymmetry and underbite, broad chin, wide jaw ... After face contouring surgery, I end up with more narrow and long looking face and still have face asymmetry, wide chin. I blamed myself for this result because I didn't do proper research and I didn't have enough communication with doctor about what result I really want and what surgery is suitable for me.

Later on, I did good research. And finally had good help from Gangnam Medical Tour Center. It is government department and provide proper customised consultation free. As they advised me, i communicated with number of hospitals. And found good hospital EU.

I had double jaw surgery amd v-line surgery (it was my second surgery which is revision surgery) one year ago at EU Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. I am very happy about my result.

Hello,
I am english speaking foreign patient. My first surgery (face contouring surgery) didn't solve all my problems including facial asymmetry and underbite, broad chin, wide jaw ... After face contouring surgery, I end up with more narrow and long looking face and still have face asymmetry, wide chin. I blamed myself for this result because I didn't do proper research and I didn't have enough communication with doctor about what result I really want and what surgery is suitable for me.

Later on, I did good research. And finally had good help from Gangnam Medical Tour Center. It is government department and provide proper customised consultation free. As they advised me, i communicated with number of hospitals. And found good hospital EU.

I had double jaw surgery amd v-line surgery (it was my second surgery which is revision surgery) one year ago at EU Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. I am very happy about my result.
...Where did you take the first surgery and who was the surgeon to be clear?

Last edited:
Thank you. See, I have never heard of Eight. This is why I was planning to hire a translator. I will share the hidden gem clinic if I found one.

I consulted online with Eight and they have an English translator though. But the two clinics i am shortlisting doesn't so i am engaging a translator with the gangnam medical centre. Hope anyone can share their translator experience if they have previously engaged one from gangnam medical centre. Thanks!