Plus-sized and tall

Depending upon your shape, men's jeans can be an option. I am too small for Lane Bryant, but often too large for the cool women's jeans (True Religion, etc.). I am biggish around the waist and not very hippy - so men's jeans work. If they work for you, they certainly come in longer inseams...

I love Tall Girl. The clothes look a bit matronly at first, but once you get inside the store (or the website), they have a lot of trendier cuts & styles. And the inseams are typically 36-38 inches. I'm over 6' tall, so the "tall" styles in regular stores aren't long enough (usu. 34"). They carry up to size 20.

Unfortunately there isn't a store within 1000 miles of me, and the website doesn't have a ton right now (just cleared out for spring, I think). But they should have a better selection soon.

Thanks for the suggestions girls! I have been thinking of trying Kiyonna online...has anyone ever bought from them?
NM, Saks etc are a little pricey....But I might get away with it if the quality will last. Thanks again!:flowers:

Eddie Bauer has great jeans and they also have tall and plus sizes. I also love Chicos jeans (I am a size 16) and I can wear a 2.5 there, sometimes a 2 and they come in short, regular and tall. They have lots of washes and styles. My closet is full of them. (they are sized 0-1-3 and half sizes in pants). They have a little stretch and you can register online and they will also send you coupons.

I am an 18 and 6ft. My favorite work pants are Nine West, INC, Jones of New York, Lane Bryant, St. John (size XL), Caslon (Nordstrom brand). The inseams on all these have worked for me (apprx. 32 inch usually). When I need a bit more I take them to the tailor to have the hem lengthened. I think often we need to embrace the fact that everything may not fit us off the rack and that we may need to get clothing tailored to our body. I am still figuring out jeans beyond Lane Bryant brands. I have large thighs so I have the hardest time finding something to fit both my waist and my thighs. I have a pair of Paige Premium and Beyonce's Dereon on the way to me to try them out. I plan to try Z Cavaricci from Torrid. I have tried Baby Phat and Apple Bottoms but haven't liked them. Right now my fav jeans I own are Not Your Daughters Jeans...a coworker introduced me to them and both of us had to go up a size from what we normally wear.

I recently tried svoboda jeans and I think they fit really nice and are flattering. I wear a 16 btw, I felt like they had good room through the thighs and I really like the wider waistband. I have the "simones" and I bought them from Bloomingdales, but they sell them at Saks, Nordstroms, and I believe from their site also...oh and at Neimans.

I am an 18 and 6ft. My favorite work pants are Nine West, INC, Jones of New York, Lane Bryant, St. John (size XL), Caslon (Nordstrom brand). The inseams on all these have worked for me (apprx. 32 inch usually). When I need a bit more I take them to the tailor to have the hem lengthened. I think often we need to embrace the fact that everything may not fit us off the rack and that we may need to get clothing tailored to our body. I am still figuring out jeans beyond Lane Bryant brands. I have large thighs so I have the hardest time finding something to fit both my waist and my thighs. I have a pair of Paige Premium and Beyonce's Dereon on the way to me to try them out. I plan to try Z Cavaricci from Torrid. I have tried Baby Phat and Apple Bottoms but haven't liked them. Right now my fav jeans I own are Not Your Daughters Jeans...a coworker introduced me to them and both of us had to go up a size from what we normally wear.

How much are you paying to have the hems lengthened? I might go that route.

OK my Dereon jeans came; I found them to run really small. I'd have to go up at least one size from my normal size. Also a tip for those buying work slacks, I find Tahari and Misook to run really short on the inseams. I've had Tahari pants hems fully let out and they have still been too short. So I've learned not to buy them anymore.

My sister is 5"11" and a 14 but most her weight is in her thighs. I highly recommend the DKNY Soho line. They are super stretchy and you probably have to go down a size or two. They are also logo free and around $50. There is also a fairly new brand called PZI that's made for curvy girls. For premium denim I like Joe's Jeans in Honey but I don't know if they come in tall. Most of these brands go up to a 16 but can definitely fit an 18.

have you guys ever checked outTORRID they have 34" inseam in jeans. Some of their stuff you have to bypass but their torrid brand jeans are really comfy and soft. They fit true to size. You kinda have to weed out the not so cute stuff. i hope you guys find something you like there.

I just bought this jacket last week. I plan on wearing it in Vegas. And i got this shirt in blue for the spring. Be warned!!! There was one on the hanger that the buttons were missing. So yeah, quality is not that great but you get you pay for i guess.

**edit - oh and i forgot to add. Someone mentioned gap as well. I've ordered jeans from them and they fit true to size as well. Their length is longer than usual though, but i'll have to go get them hemmed. good luck ladies!!!

My sister is 5"11" and a 14 but most her weight is in her thighs. I highly recommend the DKNY Soho line. They are super stretchy and you probably have to go down a size or two. They are also logo free and around $50. There is also a fairly new brand called PZI that's made for curvy girls. For premium denim I like Joe's Jeans in Honey but I don't know if they come in tall. Most of these brands go up to a 16 but can definitely fit an 18.

You know what I used to swear by the DKNY SOHO's and at like 50-60 dollars a pop they are a great deal but hear is what I think... thye are great if you buy them a size smaller but even then I feel they stretch out way tooo much to the point where at the end of the night I feel saggy or sloppy