Plumb Casey looks dirty

Aug 17, 2006
Hey there
I have been looking at the Casey now for quite sometime. I really love the look and feel of it - EXCEPT - one thing. the plumb leather looks dirty to me. I know it's not - it's just the texture of the leather and the way the light plays off of it, but every store I go into and see it, from a distance the darn thing looks filthy!
Oh and I want to love it so much!

Anyone else notice this or agree? :tdown: :tup:

I actually really like the color treatment on these bags. It has an uneven quality that reminds me of watercolor. I guess I just think "water color" when I see it rather than "dirty". Maybe it's the plum, have you considered a different color?

^ i agree. it doesn't look dirty to me. the finish is just distressed. i like the watercolor description. that's exactly what it looks like. i think it's very pretty. it has a romantic, dreamy look to it like you'd wear the bag with a floaty ethereal sundress.

I actually really like the color treatment on these bags. It has an uneven quality that reminds me of watercolor. I guess I just think "water color" when I see it rather than "dirty". Maybe it's the plum, have you considered a different color?
YES! either the dark grey or the teal bruna (if I can find one!)

^ i agree. it doesn't look dirty to me. the finish is just distressed. i like the watercolor description. that's exactly what it looks like. i think it's very pretty. it has a romantic, dreamy look to it like you'd wear the bag with a floaty ethereal sundress.

ahhh, such great descriptions. nice thinking jacy!! and i agree w/ tad. the colors that these bags are available in are perfect for that romantic wispy feeling for the spring/summer :girlsigh:

I agree with the ladies. Watercolor and distressed are right on! The colors are very pretty...plum, teal, oak, dark grey...all BEAUTIFUL! My favorite is the dark grey though I haven't seen the teal but based on the pictures that a pf'er posted, it looks gorgeous!!!

Agree w/ the above descriptions. I have seen the plum & while I really adore the color, I just can't get past the texture & the way the color looks. I'd describe it as "uneven". Guess I'm not that romantic, huh? :P Teal looks gorgeous in pictures, haven't seen it IRL...

Me, either. I looked at the quilted plum clutch wallet during the NM event, and while I loved the size and functionality, I couldn't get over the color variation. It's such a pretty color, though.

I am going to have to go and take another look. I would love to see the tangerine, teal and grey Stam. I guess a trip to the MJ store is in order, since Nordstrom and the other stores did not get Stams or they only have the Plum.

I am going to have to go and take another look. I would love to see the tangerine, teal and grey Stam. I guess a trip to the MJ store is in order, since Nordstrom and the other stores did not get Stams or they only have the Plum.

Ya, the last time I was at Bloomies, Sak's and NM, I didnt notice any of these new soft quilted Stams. :confused1: Please report back, roro!!