Plum - is it a versitle colour?

May 7, 2007
I've been considering looking into getting a Plum bag (like a Somerset Tote or similar) - is Plum quite a versatile colour or is it hard to match with clothes etc.

I'm normally a Black, Chocolate or Oak girl (infact the only colourful bags I own are the Orla Kiely Multistem and my Lipstick A4 Tote).

mssw157

Apr 24, 2009
Dublin
I think a certain someone can answer that question really well.....:graucho:

xxx
this is NOT allowed

Last edited by a moderator:
May 7, 2007
I haven't looked at eBay for a while - maybe I'll take a look.

I've been trying to think who has Plum but I think that SJ, Flyvetjo and KLP sold theirs and the others (Ratrat, LadyF, Rascalcat and Jenova) have the Glace Plum which I don't think I'll be able to find.

I don't want a Small bag as I feel that it would be more 'evening' ish and I won't use a Plum evening bag.

How difficult is it to find Glace Plum - I'd quite like a Bays like Ratrat's?

I'm gonna take a look at eBay now.

May 7, 2007
Haha Whoops - just took a look at eBay - I guess I was wrong about somebody selling theirs already. Just goes to show I should have looked at eBay first!!!!!:blush:

Okay, I'm gonna PM you darling!

Anyway - anybody else with Plum - can you tell me how 'useable' it is?

mssw157

Apr 24, 2009
Dublin
Ali, the plum on Ebay at the moment is the only one I've seen in some time. The Glace seems to be really hard to find. I think it's a colour that goes really well with browns, earthy colours and blues, i.e. denim. Defo a A/W bag imo.

flyvetjo

Jo
O.G.
Jan 24, 2007
UK
Ali- I found plum quite versatile with my A/W wardrobe and looks good with denim, black, grey, browns etc. Felt too heavy a colour to wear in the S/S though.

mulberryfloss

Jun 7, 2009
I bought a plum glace Ledbury on eBay from a certain tPFer who I won't name, as I'm not quite sure what the protocol is!!!:nuts:

It's a lovely colour - I think it's one of those colours which will adapt to whatever you put with it iykwim, ie it can look quite purple at times but burgundy at others. I think it changes with the light as well.

But much as I like it, it may not be a keeper - my holy handbag grail is a red Ledbury which is completely impossible to find so I was hoping that this would fit the bill instead, but sadly it's really not red enough:sad:. Which is great if you want plum glace but not great if you want RED!!!!!!!

piglet42

Jul 11, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I bought a plum glace Ledbury on eBay from a certain tPFer who I won't name, as I'm not quite sure what the protocol is!!!:nuts:

It's a lovely colour - I think it's one of those colours which will adapt to whatever you put with it iykwim, ie it can look quite purple at times but burgundy at others. I think it changes with the light as well.

But much as I like it, it may not be a keeper - my holy handbag grail is a red Ledbury which is completely impossible to find so I was hoping that this would fit the bill instead, but sadly it's really not red enough:sad:. Which is great if you want plum glace but not great if you want RED!!!!!!!

I think someone needs the bespoke service...... possibly?

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
:sad:
You guys are NOT allowed to soft advertise here. . . telling people to look on eBay:graucho: isn't right. And PMing that members about what she has on eBay could get you banned.
It's not worth it. . . .

Lescoy

Chilling
O.G.
Apr 9, 2007
Scotland
Hey girls - come on - you know the Rules - I'm just back online and see whats going on. Is it a case of 'we give you enough rope and you'll hang yourselves?'

Don't do it - you can and will be banned - keep within the Rules - I'm disappointed.:sad:

hulahoop

Hula O'Hoop
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
UK
I think plum is pretty versatile :yahoo: Its warm red-purple, which I find easy to match with my tastes and wardrobe - its a colour that features for me nearly every winter, usually in the form of accessories (in scarves, jewellery etc). I would love something in plum glace but they are pretty rare now - Mulberry need to take note and bring it back for us dont they!? Basically what im trying to say is that I think plum would be a good choice, especially for autumn/winter Ali, but maybe consider your wardrobe (what you have and plan to buy) and think whether it will go with that? This is what I did not long ago - I found that I favour warm tones (like plum purple) whereas I dont tend to reach for cooler shades of colours (like midnight mabel).

Am I blabbering?! :nuts:

ratrat

Ratatat!
Sep 12, 2008
Hello - I do love plum, it goes well with my almost all clothes, even in summer - AG is great in rain. What do you ask more!??

May 7, 2007
I've done a little checking on the forum and there seems to be quite a difference in the Plum colour depending on what leather it is.

I think I'm favouring the Glace so I think its gonna be a long search.

Thanks for all your help. Maybe when we meet again Ratrat, you can bring your Plum Glace Bays then I can have a look :biggrin:

I think its one of those colours that I'm going to have to see irl first although I'm pretty sure that a Glace Plum something will fit quite well with my wardrobe. What styles did they do in that? So far on the forum I think we have Bays, Blenheim and Roxy. Is that right? Out of those a Bays would be best for me.