Plum Carly Factory Bags or Boutique Deletes?

DangerousJade

Broadway Baby
Aug 1, 2008
I bought a medium plum Carly at the outlet this weekend. I was never a huge Carly fan, but plum is my absolute favorite color and I really love how much the bag holds/how light it is!

Anyhow, looking at the creed I noticed that it has an "F" style number and no bullseye stamp. I thought these were boutique bags? I don't care in terms of my purchase, but I was curious what the story was. Did they make a factory line in the leather Carly? My tag says Carly and has both MSRP and Factory price, but I have never purchased a Factory line bag and I'm not sure if this is standard. Do they replace creeds? I assume not?

My Berry Carly (which I bought at outlet) has a serial number that begins with an H. Are all bags that begin with F factory bags, or could it just be the letter that particular bag had? I was under the impression that Carlys were not made specifically for outlet and they were all boutique transfers, but I don't know that for sure. Mine has no bullseye stamp, either.

An F on the first set or second set of numbers? I made the mistake before of thinking the F for factory bags was on the first set, but it's the second. They are supposed ot be deletes.

They are boutique deletes. The first letter on the creed is the month of production, and the two numbers after it designate the year. Only if the style number (the second group of numbers after the dash) begins with and F is it a factory style. :yes:

You ladies are so good! That clears it up, I think.

My creed number is F0882-10615

It hadn't occurred to me that the F would be somewhere else. Thanks!

In this case, the F means your bag was made in June of 2008.

The letter in the first part of the serial number corresponds to the month of manufacture:
A=January
B=February
C=March... and so on. Coach skips over the letter I.