Pls share your experiences buying from Goyard SF

ShilohNouvel

Jan 7, 2010
I'm planning on buying (over email since I'm nowhere near SF right now) a Fidji from Goyard SF (since I heard Fidji is about to go out of style). Is there anything I should be wary about buying a Goyard bag without seeing and touching it? Are there any "variations" in the bags of Goyard? And how is SF Goyard's service?

Thanks so much in advance for all the responses! :biggrin:

I got my white PM painted there, and the store manager is LOVELY, and they treated me so well when I walked in. I would never hesitate to buy a bag from the San Fran boutique again!

Just bought a Boeing yesterday at GSF and it was a pleasant experience. My DH asked how many Goyard botiques there are: 3, SF and 2 in Paris and as it was my first piece I was asking about his opinion and prices and he was very helpful. FYI - they don't carry back stock coz he started boxing up the display bag and so I asked if I'm getting a new one and he said they don't have another one coz they don't carry back stock but upon expecting it, it was perfect. Also all sales are final so no worries about someone owning it before you unlike LV.

I've never bought anything from the Goyard SF store, but I've been to it the male SA who was the only one working there, was a super sweetheart! Even if you're not buying anything, they're still very polite to you!

I just bought a PM St Louis from the SF store (definitely find Lucio-very informative and helpful who replied to my emails promptly and sent pictures along the way when I was deciding on bag and customization colors). I'm from Canada where Goyard is not available but was traveling to SF so I called ahead of time and put my order through. I chose to pick it up but they also ship to where ever you are. Overall, it was a pleasant experience in the SF store and nice to actually see the store itself and all the goodies inside!

Thanks everyone! Is anyone familiar with the SA, Liana?

Hi ShilohNouvel,

Just received my first Goyard (St.Louis-PM) that I purchase from SF store & will post pics later :smile:. Liana Neumann-Landais is the Store Manager of Goyard-SF. She was very helpful since day 1 of my order/inquiry via email. Very satisfied with her good customer service eventhough we only communicate via email. :smile:

Last edited:
Hi ShilohNouvel,

Just received my first Goyard (St.Louis-PM) that I purchase from SF store & will post pics later :smile:. Liana Neumann-Landais is the Store Manager of Goyard-SF. She was very helpful since day 1 of my order/inquiry via email. Very satisfied with her good customer service eventhough we only communicate via email. :smile:

Yay! Thanks jmblopez for your reply! I just needed to make sure that she was a real and legitimate person :P

If you are the type of person who wants to see the bag before they buy, I would not recommend GSF. Of course the SAs perception of perfect might be different from yours. Since they do not have a return policy (only exchnage), I would suggest getting it from Barney's of New York where they not only have free shipping (most of the time) but they have a return policy in place. The SAs are equally if not more helpful. The shipping for my St. Louis was $45 from SF and it didn't even come in a presentation box.

Now, if you are the type that doesn't care about seeing the bag or wallet first, then nothing beats buying from the Maison in San Fo itself. Relationships with a store is nice. I've only bought one item from them (but have recommended a couple of friends to their store) and have received invites to events and stuff. Sadly, I live in the East Coast so a trip there would be a big production.

Lastly, if you are the type that loves special items, e-mailing the Paris store directly is also an option. I have a wallet in mind that GSF claimed cannot be special ordered. I e-mailed Paris, and they e-mailed me back a week after with the exact quotation and time frame of my desired piece.

I forgot how much I love this company and this post is re-igniting my passion for it. Thank YOU.

I got a PM there two weeks ago and Ryan was my SA. he's a friend and he's wonderful. I know you'll love your bag. I even managed to get a "special" symbol painted on mine even though Goyard doesn't do that anymore.