Pls.Help me to choose my 1st Chanel.Im a SAHM

luckycharms

❤~Aim to please~❤
O.G.
Aug 24, 2008
First of all, I love collecting bags from designer to non designer. I am quite proud to say that i have a few LVS bags.But i acquired them when i was still working. Now, I am a new mom and i dont have a job and I will be a SAHM for a very long time. But i am drooling to get a Chanel bag. So please..Can you help me out Chanel lovers ? Can you suggest one that would be appropriate for my lifestyle. Heres a lil background about me.. I am on my early 30s, my height is 5'5 ( just so u can picture what kind of bag is cool for me ), and because i dont work anymore my clothes are more casual now. I just gave birth and my lil boy is only 3 months old.
I am still thinking if i am ready for a Chanel bag or just purchase another LV. Pls. help me out and TIA for your suggestions. Pls. include pictures of your suggestions,if its not too much to ask. thanks a lot:wlae:

First of all, I love collecting bags from designer to non designer. I am quite proud to say that i have a few LVS bags.But i acquired them when i was still working. Now, I am a new mom and i dont have a job and I will be a SAHM for a very long time. But i am drooling to get a Chanel bag. So please..Can you help me out Chanel lovers ? Can you suggest one that would be appropriate for my lifestyle. Heres a lil background about me.. I am on my early 30s, my height is 5'5 ( just so u can picture what kind of bag is cool for me ), and because i dont work anymore my clothes are more casual now. I just gave birth and my lil boy is only 3 months old.
I am still thinking if i am ready for a Chanel bag or just purchase another LV. Pls. help me out and TIA for your suggestions. Pls. include pictures of your suggestions,if its not too much to ask. thanks a lot:wlae:

How about a Cabas?

I'm a 33 yr old SAHM and VERY casual as well.
I have an LV BH that can take a beating from my kids, but it doesn't compare in the quiet chicness Chanel offers IMO.

Here's a few of mine:

Attachments

• IMG_2235.jpg
    IMG_2235.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0796.jpg
    IMG_0796.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCF1336.jpg
    DSCF1336.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 96
Here's a GST for reference, also a great option, except if you tend to over fill your bags this one can get heavy:

Attachments

• DSCF1323.jpg
    DSCF1323.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCF1327.jpg
    DSCF1327.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCF1335.jpg
    DSCF1335.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 427
swankymama,
thanks a lot for the quick response and for sharing pictures of the GST. Is that what its called or its just a short term name ? And tinksdelite,what does a Cabas looks like ?
hmmnnn..i wonder how much is the cost of the GST and can i use it when im wearing jeans and likes... ??? TIA:smile:

The GST is short for Grand Shopping Tote, it's $2125 I think{?} A quick search would provide confimation.
Yes, you can wear it w/ jeans & a tee or a cute dress for the night. It's obviously not an "evening bag" since it's a tote, but it's got the trademark chain straps and is still chic enough to go from day to night for most gals.

I'm 33 (not a Mom) but I think that the diamond stitch tote would also be a great choice ($2495) - especially since it can close via zipper on top.

The GST is $2125 (caviar) or $2450 (patent). The baby Cabas used to retail around $2K but is discontinued (best bet would be ebay).

Hope this helps!

thanks again !!! its quite expensive ..still thinkin' if i should add Chanel bags to my small purse collection.
are chanel bags heavy ? i ask because i know how heavy Louis Vuittons are ... hhmmnnn.. i need lots of pursuing..hehehehe....:graucho:

hi skimmilk, thanks for posting.. can u share a picture of those bags you mentioned ? im not really familiar with Chanel purses..thanks.

oh and i know theres lots of stuffs at ebay but i am scared that i might purchase a fake one so im not sure if its wise to shop for purses there.. ???

It depends. . . if you buy LV canvas bags then Chanel will definitely be heavier as 99% of them are all leather and some are even lined in leather as well, not to mention the metal chains.

hi swany, id like to pm you but for some reason i cant..maybe coz im a new member.
anyhow, do you also own LV bags or just chanels ? can you give me one good reason or more why chanel is better than LVs ?? thanks again.

you have to be here 5 days before you have PM privileges.

Chanel's and LV are just so different, for me anyhow.
LV is more common around here, also seems more casual to me as it's coated canvas.
Chanel's for me are more iconic and chic, almost always made of leather and really special as they're just a lot fewer and further between. It's harder to even find a place to buy Chanel as they're in fewer malls, etc. . .

ok..how about the price range..are LV purses usually cheaper than chanel's ??
hmmnn... i like my first chanel to be special :tup:

oh ! where do you purchase your chanel's ? im in japan and theres lots of outlets here..people in japan love designer stuffs.