Pls help me pick - Mini Jodie or Padded cassette

Pls help me pick - Mini Jodie or Padded cassette

• Padded Cassette

• Mini Jodie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tatownz

O.G.
Feb 12, 2012
Hi all, I'm looking at adding one of the following to my collection. Ive narrowed my options down to the following two.

I know both items are quite different. Would love to hear from those who have both styles and which one do you prefer and wear more often than the other.

Also which bag do you think has more staying power?

Thanking everyone in advance!

Screenshot_20200714-110200__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200714-110126__01.jpg

Last edited:
Personally, I prefer the Cassette! It's beautiful and I don't think it's a period piece, I think the simple rectangular shape of the bag and lack of any bells and whistles make it possible for the Cassette to eventually be considered a classic (or close to a classic).

But Jodie is very much what Bottega Veneta is about, in my opinion. Even if it's not my cup of tea, I know many people love it.

So I would say, it comes down to which one you like best.

Both are beautiful but extremely different bags. What do you plan on using the bag for? Personally I do believe the cassette is too trendy, especially that we are seeing it all over social media at the moment. But it is fun to wear trends if that’s your thing. If the bag was less expensive I would have bought it. The Jodie is a modern twist on a classic so has more staying power. The mini in particular is adorable but it’s only handheld. I have one but wouldn’t use it as an everyday bag. The medium Jodie is perfect for day to day use.
Sorry I wasn’t much help. If you want something practical I would say go for the cassette (bare in mind it fits as much as the mini Jodie though if not less). If you want something a bit more “classic “ and don’t mind a handheld bag go for the Jodie. Or get both if you can afford it :biggrin:

Both are beautiful but extremely different bags. What do you plan on using the bag for? Personally I do believe the cassette is too trendy, especially that we are seeing it all over social media at the moment. But it is fun to wear trends if that’s your thing. If the bag was less expensive I would have bought it. The Jodie is a modern twist on a classic so has more staying power. The mini in particular is adorable but it’s only handheld. I have one but wouldn’t use it as an everyday bag. The medium Jodie is perfect for day to day use.
Sorry I wasn’t much help. If you want something practical I would say go for the cassette (bare in mind it fits as much as the mini Jodie though if not less). If you want something a bit more “classic “ and don’t mind a handheld bag go for the Jodie. Or get both if you can afford it :biggrin:

I would only repeat what babypanda said ^ but just add

I find the Mini Jodie very cute but it's an extra bag IYKWIM. The cassette is a great looking bag and wearable but it is very 'in' so that means it could go 'out' - that wouldn't personally put me off if I really loved it. If you're torn, I guess it's the mini Jodie, but who knows when the mini trend will be over too.