pls help me. lost receipt. LV management unfavorable response

rochelleMD

Aug 24, 2012
i have an empriente lumineuse pm flamme that was bought in korea in 2011...i have the card with the SA's name and the date of purchase with the amount of thr bag . i have the original dust bag with tags. the bag was not used for quite sometime to cracking glazed problems... i was looking over here for same problems with this line... and yes.. it was a major problem before thats why lumineuse was discontinued i guess. most of the bags end up with glazing problems... it was terrible. the problem with cracked edges made them ugly ang unusable. with a very expensive price tag this was horrifying for us.... i love empriente.. and i love LV.. but please with this premiere line this is unacceptable. so i brought my bag to LV.. and it stayed there for months.. only to be decided not to be covered of replacement because the glazing did not melt and worst they wont do anything about
it just because i lost the receipt. can anybody have similar problems.. and any advice to our expert here... please help me.. im alreadt very dissappointed. TIA

i cracking glazed problems... only to be decided not to be covered of replacement because the glazing did not melt and worst they wont

It sounds like you were asking for a replacement of the bag and not a repair, and that they consider the known defect to be melting of the glaze, not cracking of the glaze. Is that right? Well, that's their policy. They won't normally replace a bag unless there's a true known defective element, whereas you seem to be describing wear and tear.

You could pay for a glazing repair: did you discuss that option? LV glazing repairs aren't that expensive.

I think the receipt issue was a way to put you off because they didn't like your request. If you go in for a repair, I wonder if you might have a better response.

i have an empriente lumineuse pm flamme that was bought in korea in 2011...i have the card with the SA's name and the date of purchase with the amount of thr bag . i have the original dust bag with tags. the bag was not used for quite sometime to cracking glazed problems... i was looking over here for same problems with this line... and yes.. it was a major problem before thats why lumineuse was discontinued i guess. most of the bags end up with glazing problems... it was terrible. the problem with cracked edges made them ugly ang unusable. with a very expensive price tag this was horrifying for us.... i love empriente.. and i love LV.. but please with this premiere line this is unacceptable. so i brought my bag to LV.. and it stayed there for months.. only to be decided not to be covered of replacement because the glazing did not melt and worst they wont do anything about
it just because i lost the receipt. can anybody have similar problems.. and any advice to our expert here... please help me.. im alreadt very dissappointed. TIA
Staff can actually look up your purchase (even international) on their computer. They have a new software system introduced this past summer so I am not sure how it works anymore. But if you give them your name and the date of purchase, they should be able to retrieve the info. In the past, if you had not made any purchases in years, your account would eventually be deleted. Not sure what the current format entails.

Your story is a bit unclear though. Did they actually tell you "no receipt = no repair / replacement" or did they simply consider the damage to your bag normal "wear and tear" (it is 7 years old after all)? If so, did you ask to pay for the reglazing? Was that an option?

actually ..the bag was not used that often.. the reason that it just stayed there in the dustbag was i was afraid to make it more terrible.because the glazed cracked prematurely... i didnt know it can be replaced... .....i went on residency training and... sooo forgot about it....until i tried to revive it and look for something useful in the internet... so i was only looking for what can i do about the problem on the cracking here at the purseforum.. and as i went through... i learned from the posts here that most of them was replaced or re glazed for free... so when i was there at the LV store..i only asked for what they can do about it...and help me with it...since it was an actual problem and known issue of that line... the cracking...and not melting... as they now claiming...i was only hoping that they can reglazed i was not asking for replacement.. the SA told them that they might replaced them before.... but i need to provide the receipt. when i asked for an update...after 2 months or so.. they told me that the policy about the receipt is no longer in existence... so a possible favorable outcome is on its way.. but only to be decided.. that from the very start..they cant do anything about it.....unless i can provide a receipt.... though the glazing just cracked and did not melt.. but my heart is...

Staff can actually look up your purchase (even international) on their computer. They have a new software system introduced this past summer so I am not sure how it works anymore. But if you give them your name and the date of purchase, they should be able to retrieve the info. In the past, if you had not made any purchases in years, your account would eventually be deleted. Not sure what the current format entails.

Your story is a bit unclear though. Did they actually tell you "no receipt = no repair / replacement" or did they simply consider the damage to your bag normal "wear and tear" (it is 7 years old after all)? If so, did you ask to pay for the reglazing? Was that an option?

thank you guys for that quick response... the bag was just given to me. i have the date of purchase.. the amount and the SA in korea who handled it.... i was hoping that LV have an exceptional computerized system that the need for an actual receipt will no longer be a problem. but according to them they need it for documentation purposes...

i was totally hoping that they will fix the glazing the least... because it was an actual issue of tjat particular line...... and for a very expensive piece.. a premature or glazing problems should not be happening.

i was just heartbroken.. that's all.... i was asking for help... if a receipt is sooo needed.. actually the SA/ expert of LV in that store told me..thatbi really do have to keep the receipts of all my purchases... totally disappointed and heartbroken with LV

Can you post pictures of the cracking?
Also I am still confused as if they are saying you need a receipt or not? If you received it as a gift can you contact the person who gave it to you and ask if they have the receipt? Can the store look up their name?

Reactions: CornishMon
thank you.....

i have already asked for the receipt...but unfortunately it was lost .. ...and i dont have any way to get hold of it.....

the bag is still with LV... i just spoke with the SA over the phone a while ago.... i will get the bag..... and will try to resort for further help if necessary...

Did you register your e-mail with purchase? I remember I left my e-mail when making my very first LV purchase back in the early 2010s and I was surprised they e-mailed me a receipt after and they will have that e-mail in their system.

Very confusing but I think I got it. So really the problem is not LV it is the fact that you have no proof of purchase - no receipt or record of buying the bag in their system? Not to mention the bag is now 7 years old. This is a normal policy of theirs (regarding the receipt if not in system) so really cannot fault them at all here. Do you know how many people walk into LV wanting exchanges for a bag they claim someone gave them? Yes it is unfortunate because this makes LV all the more strict on exchanges for people who do not have accounts nor receipts. Your only option here is to have the person who bought the bag go into LV for the issue.

Next time you should probably start off by disclosing the bag was a gift. . .

Last edited:
Just curious in general...if one has an authentic bag, why is a receipt required? I’m not challenging anyone’s response on here—just trying to better understand LV’s policy. Does it have to do with proving the bag’s age or something? That can’t be it as a date code would give that info. I guess my question is how does a receipt help?

Just curious in general...if one has an authentic bag, why is a receipt required? I’m not challenging anyone’s response on here—just trying to better understand LV’s policy. Does it have to do with proving the bag’s age or something? That can’t be it as a date code would give that info. I guess my question is how does a receipt help?
Well I would think it really has to do with the preloved market being so huge at this time. I believe they have even started to ask for receipts for just repairs in some cases. Now don't get me wrong as this does not apply for regular shoppers who have a long standing account with LV. Now whether that is fair or unfair I suppose that could go up for debate. But in all honesty I just think the preloved market has gotten so big that this is the only way to have a handle on repairs and such. I could be wrong @fabuleux may have a better answer.