Pls help me decide: New Brooke Taupe or Patent Sabrina Camel

sunnia

O.G.
Sep 26, 2008
I bought the new Brooke in Taupe yesterday! Love the soft pebbled leather and the way the short straps fall on the sides when use as a shoulder bag, or the long strap fall when use as a hand held. They are not only practical but also decorative. However, my DH said the shape is pretty but he doesn't like the color. I sort of agree with him that the color seems a bit dark for me (I'm a spring color type), and I need a light colored bag mostly for spring and summer but also can be carried all season.

Now I'm thinking of exchanging it to a Patent Sabrina in camel (the one with chain). I like the color and shape better but not sure if it's worth paying $100 more! Plus I've never had a patent leather bag as it looks rubber to me :sad:

As this is a lot of money for me, I expect to use the bag for many years, so I need a durable, low maintenance bag. Pebbled leather seems hold up longer than patent leather, right?

What do you think? Please help me to decide......

I have the patent sabrina in camel, and I love it. It can be dressed up or down. Easy to care for. Versatile color...I love it.

And I got mine for 50% off at the outlet, so if you can keep an eye out, you may get a good deal!

Haha, wow. I'm in the exact opposite boat as you! I have a patent camel sabrina and I thought it would be my HG bag, however I just don't know how I feel about it now that I own it. I think it might actually be a bit too dressy for me, and I also hate the way the bag looks as a shoulder bag. I have a 3 month old so I needed a very versatile bag, but I just feel like the look and shape of the Sabrina isn't as nice when it's worn on the shoulder. Now that the Brooke line is out I'm strongly debating exchanging my Sabrina (which just sits in its dustbag in my closet) for one of Brooke bags (possibly the eggplant leather :heart:). It's just a beautiful and simple bag, and looks like it would be nice worn with both the short and long strap.

So anyways, maybe you could just exchange your taupe Brooke for the patent ivory one? Patent leather is very durable and also easy to clean, I'm sure it will last in the long run. And that ivory color is just delicious :love:

That's just my two cents :smile:

Haha, wow. I'm in the exact opposite boat as you! I have a patent camel sabrina and I thought it would be my HG bag, however I just don't know how I feel about it now that I own it. I think it might actually be a bit too dressy for me, and I also hate the way the bag looks as a shoulder bag. I have a 3 month old so I needed a very versatile bag, but I just feel like the look and shape of the Sabrina isn't as nice when it's worn on the shoulder. Now that the Brooke line is out I'm strongly debating exchanging my Sabrina (which just sits in its dustbag in my closet) for one of Brooke bags (possibly the eggplant leather :heart:). It's just a beautiful and simple bag, and looks like it would be nice worn with both the short and long strap.

So anyways, maybe you could just exchange your taupe Brooke for the patent ivory one? Patent leather is very durable and also easy to clean, I'm sure it will last in the long run. And that ivory color is just delicious :love:

That's just my two cents :smile:
Can I take yours out your closet:P ????I really have been wanting one!!!

They are both beautiful bags, but I think you should definitely get the Sabrina, since it sounds like it's the one you really want--that alone makes it worth the extra $.