Pls help me choose: Chanel J12 or Cartier Love Bangle?

Kissmark

O.G.
Jun 9, 2009
Dear TPF ladies please help me decide: as a birthday gift from DH, should I ask for a Chanel J12 watch or the Cartier Love Bangle?

Originally I was all set on getting the J12, and pretty much decided on the white 33mm with diamond markers. Currently I have a Rolex datejust, which I absolutely love. But I noticed that when I wear it for a few weeks straight, I get a rash on my wrist because of allergies, especially during the summer (EDIT to add: because the bracelet is stainless steel). So I've been rotating the Rolex with a Seiko (which by the way is a really good watch for the price). I thought that a J12 would be a great addition, since it wont be causing any skin allergies and will look especially good in the summer.

But now I'm also considering the love bangle. Before I always felt that for the same price I'd rather get a nice watch instead. But the other day I saw a girl at a restaurant wearing it and it looked absolutely gorgeous! Besides, since this will be a gift from DH it will have a great message. But the only concern is that I work out (weights, yoga) regularly and I'm not sure if it will really bother me. Oh and one of my friends also has it. Although her having it had no influence of me wanting it (she's had it forever and I've only recently starting to like it), it might still look like I'm trying to copy her or whatnot.

Sorry for the long post, but any help is greatly appreciated! Love TPF!

Last edited:
I would go for the j12. The love bangle is nice, dont get me wrong, but how do you know that wont cause you to get a rash also? Just a thought! Either way, you really cant go wrong.

I would go for the j12. The love bangle is nice, dont get me wrong, but how do you know that wont cause you to get a rash also? Just a thought! Either way, you really cant go wrong.

itsonly4me thanks for your reply:biggrin: I get a rash from the rolex because it is stainless steel. I don't have allergies from gold (have other gold jewelries and have no problems with it), so probably I will be okay with the bangle. Now a gold rolex would be perfect and solve all problems but that will have to wait untill the economy improves:P......

I would go for the love bangle. I just got a yellow gold love bangle and have a white 33mm j12 and I would rather have the bangle!
It is a classic I will have forever!

I would go for the J12. I have concerns about your work-outs and yoga with the bangle. One suggestion might be to wear any costume bangle during your activities 24/7 and see if it bothers you. If you don't have any problem with wearing it ALL the time, then go for the bangle. I bet you end up with both eventually. Happy birthday!

The Cartier Love Bangle for sure!
I have the Love Cuff instead of the bangle because I wanted to be able to take it off when I wanted to and I love it.
If you don't want to have it on your wrist all the time, check out the cuff.

I'm partial to Rolex and have the love bracelet as well, so my vote is for the love bracelet. It just takes a bit of getting used to having something on all the time, but I haven't taken it off since DH gave it to me and it goes through airport security, swimming, etc... you'll love it!

I would go for the J12. I have concerns about your work-outs and yoga with the bangle. One suggestion might be to wear any costume bangle during your activities 24/7 and see if it bothers you. If you don't have any problem with wearing it ALL the time, then go for the bangle. I bet you end up with both eventually. Happy birthday!

This is a great idea thanks I think I will try it!