Pls. help, I'm really torn...

mbamom0103

Dec 29, 2006
I have been looking for a long time now for the "perfect" medium to large size mono canvas bag. I've tried the Lockit Vertical, too big. The Batignolles Vertical, not the right fit over the shoulder. The Drouot, too small. The Cabas Piano, too small. I think :smile: I have it narrowed down to either the Cabas Mezzo or the Deauville. Which of those would you recommend? I think I am leaning toward the Cabas Mezzo, but the Deauville is roomy and sweet, too! Arrg! Any input would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!

I love the Cabas Mezzo , Piano is megga roomy as it is! I love how the mezzo looks and it's sorta classic kwim? It's easy aswell like it fits on your shoulder and stays on ok.
Good look with you decision!

My choice would be the Deauville, I am planning to get mine next month. The only thing with the Deauville is it's hand carried. I tried it on at the store and it was just perfect, so roomy inside and looks smart & elegant. Let us know your decision.

I have both but I use the Deauville more than the Mezzo. I put alot of stuff in my bags and the Deauville doesn't look like it's "full", whereas when I put all my stuff in the Mezzo it looks HUGE!

I have the Deauville and love it. I like to stay organized so I find the Deauville's compartments very handy. The elastic "thingys" are great for holding baby bottles, zippy cups, medicine bottles, etc.

I purchased the Cabas Mezzo about two weeks before becoming a member of this forum (Sept. 06) but exchanged it for another bag. Well, I totally regret it!!!! I love big bags and my Deauville is very functional, however, I cannot carry it on my shoulder. The Mezzo is in my current wishlist and will hopefully be mine by October.:graucho:

I think both bags are great classics. I guess it all comes down to what works better for you....a handheld or shoulder bag.:yes: