Pls help a newbie

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I sold an item on eay on the 13th of sept, the winning bidder didn't pay yet. I resent the invoice yesterday again. What's the time window for payment usually? And what are my next steps?

TIA

2. You can open a Non Paying Bidder case after 4 days of auction's end. Then they have 7 days (i believe) to pay. If they do not pay then ebay will put a strike on their account. And you will get your listing fees back.

3. 4 days and 1 minute after end of auction, you can open up an unpaid item dispute. Some people have it set up that ebay does it automatically. 4 days and 1 minute after they have not paid, after filing the dipute, you can close it.

4. Thanks guys! Hopefully things will work out...

5. Good luck sallygirl - you may find that being on the receiving end of a non-payer case boots your buyer into action! I agree with noshoepolish that you can close the case and get a refund on your fees 4 days after you open the case - it's up to you whether or not you give the buyer longer. You have up to 45 days (I think - please check for your local site!) to close the case and get your fees back, but be aware that there is a time limit ;)

6. yikes, I had to open a dispute :sad: No payment

7. good luck with the payment
    but 99% of the the time I open a NPB case they don't end up paying and get a strike

8. that's ok OP. you'll get your fees back. :biggrin:

9. ^ even though I know it's a pain in the ass