pls be brutally honest and not chanel biased

radhika

O.G.
Feb 7, 2007
am a new mommie what woud be more practical with my 5 month old dd. a Chanel GST or a lv neverfull or damier saleya. a friend is going to paris so she can pick either of the bags for me. please advice. have picked shoulder bags for convienence....

I'd say neverfull but thats only because I think Chanels are too precious to use as a diaper bag :smile:

The neverfull is also probably lighter and easier to keep clean as well as worry free.

This is not to say that the GST is the opposite of all of the above but for me, I'm too neurotic with my Chanels to put baby wipes and diapers in it :smile:

I'll vote for neverfull because its very roomy and light which will make you easier to carry and also with your baby on your other hand.. GST is bulky and quite heavy also the other chain keep falling down..and also, its less roomy compare to neverfull

The GST would be more comfortable on your shoulder, but it is heavier compared to the Neverfull. Don't really care for the Saleya ~ I'd pick the Neverfull over the Saleya. Have you looked at the Cabas?

The GST is a beautiful bag & the price will be going up fairly soon, so if you are thinking that you may eventually want a GST consider getting it now. I hear the increase is just as much if not more than an LV. The LV choices won't break your pocketbook, so maybe you can pick one of those to rotate at a not-so-later date???

As a new mom, your arms & body are going to get a workout for the next few years. If added weight or maintenance is an issue, I would for sure consider the Neverfull as the bag to get since the GST is a little heavier (leather -vs- treated canvas.)

CONGRATS to you as a new mom!

no idea what a Saleya is. . . you should post pics since this is a Chanel Forum:yes:
I agree w/ others though. . . I'd go for Neverfull or if a Chanel is preferred a Paris Biarritz Ligne tote.

I have a GST, and like the others said, it's too heavy and bulky to be used for a diaper bag. The zippered compartment is also distracting if you plan to put big baby essentials in your bag. The neverfull and saleya would much better suit your needs. Personally, I think the saleya looks more classy, but the neverfull has an open top which you might find more convenient. Good luck :tup:

My vote is for the LV Neverfull since it is the most comfortable and the lightest one in my opinion. I like the zip top of the LV Saleya, but I find the rolled handles uncomfortable. I used to have the Chanel GST, but I found it to be too bulky for me.

I agree with the GST being too heavy and not really a great bag when you have kids in tow (I have 2 pre-schoolers and 1 baby).
The neverful would be the best choice among the three IMO. The Saleya looks like a good size and I checked this out but worried that the rolled handles would be slipping off my shoulders constantly.
I agree with Swanky that the Paris-Biarritz tote would probably be the best choice if you are looking at Chanel