pls be brutally honest and not chanel biased

my bff has challenged back problems and she whiched to the neverfull...she loves the lightweight ability. I believe it is a better choice for your mommy duties and errand running.

I would say the LV, the canvas is so durable. Only, I wouldn't like it not to have a zipper (with a baby/child around you a bag can easily fall, and your things in it, out.. KWIM?) So I would personally consider a palermo in your case...

With my experience, I won't go for GST nor Neverfull. Open tote isn't a good choice IMO. Saleya is good, but I'm not sure how long the straps are. Can you wear it on your shoulder?

I had my Damier Chelsea Tote, just cost a little bit more than Saleya. But you get adjustable straps & the bag can expend on the side as well. The flat bottom works well keeping the bottles straight up. Plus there're 2 zipper heads instead of one in Saleya. I purchased this in Paris 4 yrs ago for less than Euro800 after tax. But I intended to use it as my work bag, later I found this is my perfect diaper bag when I have my son.;)

On top, material choice for the bag is also important. Once you have your baby with you, you can't really "baby" another bag. (This is also why I'm not going Chanel leather bag. Sorry Chanel lovers over here :shame:smile:

Plus, the bag you're going to get has to be durable (especially at the bottom) & You have to prepare to place your bag anywhere, ie. on the change table, chair or even floor. I know, I hate putting bags on the floor, but sometimes there's no choice. The only thing I can do is to grab some tissue papers & place them on the floor.:shrugs:

Attachments

• LV chelsea.jpg
    LV chelsea.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 29
Neverfull definitely for all of the above reasons and also you can carry so much in it without it being too heavy and with no worries if the straps will break. I have carried a water bottle, a thick novel, makeup, a snack, etc. in mine all at the same time, along with the usual purse items (wallet, coin purse, keys, weekly calendar, cell phone), and my NV is always in perfect condition. also if it gets a little dirty, thats not as traumatic as a Chanel getting that way! (imo) i dont know what a Saleya is either...

Congrats on your little one :yahoo:! Neverfull is great, if you are ok w/an open top. Saleya would be a better choice if you want things to remain secure while bending down, to put baby in carseat, diaper change etc. :

neverfull MM is great bag and lightweight, the Pm will be too small for diaper bag. Gst is little too bulky and too heavy. plus i wont use chanel as diaper bag. the saleya strap is little too short. so my vote will go to neverfull MM.
( However, I personally dont like open top bag, i bought Palermo to carry as diaper bag, they are just fabulous because of the detachable shoulder strap).

I think the GST is a bit heavy. You'll be holding a baby too so you want the lightest bag you can get. Chanel does a Biarritz Ligne which is like LV in that it is a treated canvas product. I don't think we have a reference thread on them but you should be able to search for it easily enough in this forum. GL!

definitely the neverfull, much lighter than gst, easy for your shoulder especially when you are holding a 20 ibs baby ;)