Pleats and/or animal prints?

lelliebunny

life in mon mono
O.G.
Aug 4, 2010
ok, it usually feels like i'm the only one on here that doesn't like all of the bags with pleats or animal prints. i know to each his/her own, but i just can't get into either of those things (and it doesn't matter which designer is making the item or what kind of item it is). i can appreciate the craftsmanship it takes to make them and i understand when they are used to provide additional capacity (like on the eva), but i just don't understand those trend when it's just for the look of it. they're everywhere now. any words of advice to offer that might help me to view them differently?

is there anybody else that agrees, or am i all alone on this one? please help me to see the error of my ways.

I don't think there's anything wrong in not liking something. I don't like the Neverfull and I know it is a very popular bag.
Maybe someday it will grow on me, but until then, I don't feel like I am weird for not liking something.

I'm not a fan of pleats or animal prints either. But I tend to buy things which I think will last a long time, so I get value out of the expensive bags.

Pleats are so pretty! How can you not like them? :smile:

The animal print thing I get. I agree with DisCo that they are too trendy and seasonal, so I wouldn't be interested in investing in an expensive piece...or any piece at all actually. It's just not my style, and I've only seen a few women in my life pull it off with class.

Pleats are so pretty! How can you not like them? :smile:

The animal print thing I get. I agree with DisCo that they are too trendy and seasonal, so I wouldn't be interested in investing in an expensive piece...or any piece at all actually. It's just not my style, and I've only seen a few women in my life pull it off with class.

i was cool with pleats until i heard a comment that a friend made about something that made me look at them differently. trust me, you don't really want to know. :/

I think it's fine that you don't like them. Everyone has their own style and preferences, which is why there is such a huge range of items to buy.

If you want to try animal print, try in on something small, like a shoe and work your way up.

BTW think of your dislike as a money saver. Two less styles to obsess over and spend money on. :graucho:

I think it's fine that you don't like them. Everyone has their own style and preferences, which is why there is such a huge range of items to buy.

If you want to try animal print, try in on something small, like a shoe and work your way up.

BTW think of your dislike as a money saver. Two less styles to obsess over and spend money on. :graucho:

BWAHAHAHAH! that is AWESOME! it's a total money saver! that's how i should look at it. it will certainly work in my favor with some of the upcoming bags and wallets in 2011.

maybe i will try shoes with a little bit of a print or even slippers. hmmm. that's a good idea.

thanks everybody, as usual.

I'm intrigued now too, to hear what your friend said! LOL.

I'm not particularly keen on animal print either. There are actually quite a few Vuitton styles (not to mention those of other designers) that are very popular indeed, but I don't like them at all. I guess everyone just has different taste, but sometimes I do wonder why a particular style is so well received. Maybe I'm just a bit weird. :lol:

Oh my.... I think I might have an idea what she said LOL!

I love pleats, I think it stems from my complete style change a while ago, I went from the biggest tomboy to the girliest girl! That said, when pleats are done wrong they aren't pretty.

I'm not really an animal print person. I have visions that if I wear it I'll look like some trashy old prostitute :nuts: I do like splashes of it on other people though, but right now it's not for me.

I think it's great we all have different tastes, so just go with the flow - if you don't like it, you don't like it! Who knows, one day we might catch in you in pleated animal print hehe

Oh my.... I think I might have an idea what she said LOL!

I love pleats, I think it stems from my complete style change a while ago, I went from the biggest tomboy to the girliest girl! That said, when pleats are done wrong they aren't pretty.

I'm not really an animal print person. I have visions that if I wear it I'll look like some trashy old prostitute :nuts: I do like splashes of it on other people though, but right now it's not for me.

I think it's great we all have different tastes, so just go with the flow - if you don't like it, you don't like it! Who knows, one day we might catch in you in pleated animal print hehe

lol. if your brain takes you to a deep, dark, dirty place, you probably know what he said. it was hilarious, but oh so wrong!

i totally laughed super hard about your vision of being a trashy old prostitute. i know people that might be headed in that direction (no, nobody here), but i don't get the feeling that you'd be on that list! :biggrin:

ok, it usually feels like i'm the only one on here that doesn't like all of the bags with pleats or animal prints. i know to each his/her own, but i just can't get into either of those things (and it doesn't matter which designer is making the item or what kind of item it is). i can appreciate the craftsmanship it takes to make them and i understand when they are used to provide additional capacity (like on the eva), but i just don't understand those trend when it's just for the look of it. they're everywhere now. any words of advice to offer that might help me to view them differently?

is there anybody else that agrees, or am i all alone on this one? please help me to see the error of my ways.
I have a Leopard Stephen, so I have a bag with both and I love the bag dearly, but IMO, it's not a daily handbag for me. When I carry it, it is generally for about a week, maybe two, and then it goes back up in the dustbag.

Animal prints, NO, Pleats YES, but I would die for a Stephen Leopard, and it would be a special wear, not a daily bag. As you see everywhere, in real life and on tpf, everyone has their own opinion, likes, dislikes, and those often change, no one is right, no one is wrong.