Pleated Satchel for petite girls?

I loooove the pleated satchel, but I'm worried it might be too big on me. They don't have any in my local Coach store for me to try on :sad:

I'm 5 ft 2 (5 ft 3?) and 105ish pounds. Are any of you pleated owners my size? I don't like super-big bags so I'm hoping this one won't be gigantic--I thought the Ali was even too big on me if that gives you an idea of my size preferences. My medium carly is what I'd say is a pretty good size--I could go a little bigger than that but not much more. Should I go for the pleated satchel?

It is a big bag. I am 5'1" and it would be too big to carry on my shoulder, which I would never do as I really don't like shoulder bags but I do not find it too big in the crook of my arm.

It's definitely bigger than the Ali.

My advice would be to get it and try it! What seems big to one person might not seem that big to someone else! If you don't atleast try it, you will probably always wonder if it would've worked for you. (if you're an overthinker like me anyway!)

i was like that also. i am around your size, maybe a tad smaller and i thought this bag was gonna look huge on me. but i decided to just go ahead and order it before even trying it on and i fell in love. i don't think it looks too big on me at all, but others may think differently. so its best to just order it and see how it looks on you and if you don't like it then return it.

I'm 5'1" (petite) but "fluffly".
I thought both the bag and I looked wide.
It MAY be OK on you since you're so slim.
But, it may look huge too...I think you'll need to try her on.

My friend is the same size as you. I made her run to the Coach store the day they came out to see because I thought she would love the pink patent. She thought it was huge on her and didn't get it. Although, you really don't have anything to lose if you order it through your Coach store. If you don't like it, just return it.

I'm around your size and I like large bags, but I felt that this one was just too large for me. But, everyone's opinion is different. I would order it and see for yourself, you may love it. If not, you could always return it. I think it's worth a shot.

I have this bag and I'm your size. It's a big bag but I don't think this bag is overly big. I have the leather one so I'm able to flatten it against my body with my arm but I don't even think that's necessary.

I bought this bag and looked at for for a couple of days and decided it was too big for me. I am 5'1" with small shoulders and I couldn't keep it on my shoulder. I wanted to love it but I ended taking it back for the tote.

thanks for all the thoughts--I ended up ordering the bag and it should be here Thursday so I'll know then! :smile:

yay congrats! which color? i hope you love it when you see it IRL!! just think of Nicole Richie, you mostly see her with big bags in pictures. She's pretty tiny even after having a baby and if she can pull off a big bag with her petite frame i think we all petite girls can pull it off too. Good luck on your decision when you get your beauty!!

thanks for all the thoughts--I ended up ordering the bag and it should be here Thursday so I'll know then! :smile:

I think this was a grea decision! I'm also petite, and even shorter than you by a tad bit, and I think it's a large bag but not too large. However, DH says I try to carry bags that are way too big for my frame. I really like the larger bags, though. I think this bag will look large on you but it will make a great statement...I don't think you will find it too large. As the other poster says, the leather ones wrinkle up and also lay fairly flat on the shoulder when they are not overly packed. I don't find that the straps fall off at all, and I have fairly narrow shoulders. Good luck...I hope you love it!!

you could always try the try this bag on feature on coach.com.
big bags are in. I have seen some very petite woman with huge bags and they pulled them off fine, IMO if you carry them with confidence and you choose a good shape bag you could do it fine. and the pleated satchel has a very nice shape for carrying it bigger!