Pleaseee help me choose a mommy bag :)

HCBcrazy

Nov 17, 2011
Hello all! I'm expecting my first baby this month :smile: I think I'm pretty much set except for getting a baby bag lol. I'm considering these bags for it:

1. Pariz Biarritz large
2. GST (black with GHW)
3. Cambon tote large (black on black)
4. Cerf tote (black with GHW)

The only other brand I'm considering is a Balenciaga work.

What do u guys think? In terms of practicality and durability.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! :ty:
And Happy Xmas in advance :santawave:

kisenian

Jun 25, 2009
Congratulations on your first! :biggrin:

I vote for the GST but can get heavy!

There is a new expandable 11A or 12C bag that is very light, soft, and really comfortable on the shoulder. I don't know the name (can anybody help?)... but I think this could be a good one as well.

G&Smommy

O.G.
Sep 23, 2008
I have 3.5 year old twins and I would not get a Chanel as a diaper/baby bag. I bought a cute LeSportsac for around $90 that I am still using to tote around extra clothes and snacks. It is perfect! I have found that I need to be hands free a lot so I find WOC to be a perfect bag for outings to the park, zoo, amusement parks, etc. Now that my twins are older, I also use my flaps more, especially my distressed calf reissues. So my recommendation is an inexpensive bag to use for baby items and a nice bag to use for your own items. WOC or mini is perfect for hands free days! Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy!

babyontheway

May 10, 2009
I know I am going to be in the minority here but I think Balenciaga work would be best, my second choice would be Paris Biarritz!

imanda

O.G.
May 22, 2007
I have 3.5 year old twins and I would not get a Chanel as a diaper/baby bag. I bought a cute LeSportsac for around $90 that I am still using to tote around extra clothes and snacks. It is perfect! I have found that I need to be hands free a lot so I find WOC to be a perfect bag for outings to the park, zoo, amusement parks, etc. Now that my twins are older, I also use my flaps more, especially my distressed calf reissues. So my recommendation is an inexpensive bag to use for baby items and a nice bag to use for your own items. WOC or mini is perfect for hands free days! Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy!
Totally agree! It would be a shame to have bottles, sippy cups and clothes with spit up or worse ruin a beautiful Chanel or any designer bag for that matter. A woc would be much better

Angel77

♥ Bag Lovers ♥
O.G.
Jul 15, 2007
Sunny Sunny Island
I second that!

Balenciaga seems to be very roomy & hardy, and can use for work and casual.

I just delivered this year too. I'm using a Marc Jacob large tote bag as diaper bag.

Congrats on your 1st pregnancy! Exciting times! :smile:

I know I am going to be in the minority here but I think Balenciaga work would be best, my second choice would be Paris Biarritz!

kkkittyyy

Nov 18, 2010
Hong Kong
I have a daughter at two.
I got both the Pariz Biarritz large and GST, I will choose Pariz Biarritz large. It is roomy and light and no need to worry the scratch of leather as for other bags.

lwyrgrl

Aug 22, 2011
California
Speaking from experience, I would not get the GST. I have two small kids and carrying them along with the GST was too much: too heavy and the GST is too boxy, IMHO, that it was uncomfortable to carry. On the plus size, I found it was large enough to carry the essentials, like diapers and wipes. However, this is not an ideal diaper bag, especially for newborns and pre-toddler stages. I recommend carrying something that is more like a diaper bag, like what G&Smommy and others have recommended above. Then when you child is older you can transition into a smaller more luxurious bag.

Swou

Nov 18, 2011
Both sides of the Atlantic
I agree!