Pleaseee help me choose a mommy bag :)

HCBcrazy

Nov 17, 2011
Hello all! I'm expecting my first baby this month :smile: I think I'm pretty much set except for getting a baby bag lol. I'm considering these bags for it:

1. Pariz Biarritz large
2. GST (black with GHW)
3. Cambon tote large (black on black)
4. Cerf tote (black with GHW)

The only other brand I'm considering is a Balenciaga work.

What do u guys think? In terms of practicality and durability.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! :ty:
And Happy Xmas in advance :santawave:

Congratulations on your first! :biggrin:

I vote for the GST but can get heavy!

There is a new expandable 11A or 12C bag that is very light, soft, and really comfortable on the shoulder. I don't know the name (can anybody help?)... but I think this could be a good one as well.

I have 3.5 year old twins and I would not get a Chanel as a diaper/baby bag. I bought a cute LeSportsac for around $90 that I am still using to tote around extra clothes and snacks. It is perfect! I have found that I need to be hands free a lot so I find WOC to be a perfect bag for outings to the park, zoo, amusement parks, etc. Now that my twins are older, I also use my flaps more, especially my distressed calf reissues. So my recommendation is an inexpensive bag to use for baby items and a nice bag to use for your own items. WOC or mini is perfect for hands free days! Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy!

I have 3.5 year old twins and I would not get a Chanel as a diaper/baby bag. I bought a cute LeSportsac for around $90 that I am still using to tote around extra clothes and snacks. It is perfect! I have found that I need to be hands free a lot so I find WOC to be a perfect bag for outings to the park, zoo, amusement parks, etc. Now that my twins are older, I also use my flaps more, especially my distressed calf reissues. So my recommendation is an inexpensive bag to use for baby items and a nice bag to use for your own items. WOC or mini is perfect for hands free days! Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy!

Totally agree! It would be a shame to have bottles, sippy cups and clothes with spit up or worse ruin a beautiful Chanel or any designer bag for that matter. A woc would be much better

I second that!

Balenciaga seems to be very roomy & hardy, and can use for work and casual.

I just delivered this year too. I'm using a Marc Jacob large tote bag as diaper bag.

Congrats on your 1st pregnancy! Exciting times! :smile:

I know I am going to be in the minority here but I think Balenciaga work would be best, my second choice would be Paris Biarritz!

I have a daughter at two.
I got both the Pariz Biarritz large and GST, I will choose Pariz Biarritz large. It is roomy and light and no need to worry the scratch of leather as for other bags.

Speaking from experience, I would not get the GST. I have two small kids and carrying them along with the GST was too much: too heavy and the GST is too boxy, IMHO, that it was uncomfortable to carry. On the plus size, I found it was large enough to carry the essentials, like diapers and wipes. However, this is not an ideal diaper bag, especially for newborns and pre-toddler stages. I recommend carrying something that is more like a diaper bag, like what G&Smommy and others have recommended above. Then when you child is older you can transition into a smaller more luxurious bag.

I agree!