Please UPDATE the Designers Forums with New Categories

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. I hope that Purseforum keeps in mind that change should happen. I do hope someone is constantly checking that there's enough interest and subsequent content to warrant a new forum (Balmain, Versace, Dolce Gabbana etc.) It doesn't appear as if anyone wants to embrace changes. Once the new forums are made, people will likely flock to post MORE about Balmain, Versace, & Dolce Gabbana AS A RESULT OF FORUM SPACE AVAILABILITY. It's a chicken before the egg situation. Which came first?
Feel free to start threads for your favourite designers in their respective forums (Handbags & Purses, The Glass Slipper, Wardrobe & Accessories).

Me, I'm still waiting for that Manolo Blahnik subforum, but I realize not everyone has good taste and many prefer those clunky hooker shoes :whistle:

I’m glad D&G seem to be doing well. The whole campaign against them was started because a reporter asked one of them an opinion about surrogacy which, true to form with their Italian heritage and the heritage of the brand, they responded to off the cuff and truthfully. This innocent comment confirming in their eyes the importance of mothers (who are after all a key market for them) started a cascade of hate which we see to this day.
The racism controversy was started by a campaign which again celebrated Italian culture by showing a beautiful woman eating Italian food with chopsticks. It was meant to be a fun, sexy campaign celebrating a quintessential italian equivalent of joie de Vivre ”gioia di vivere” and it went very flat. The ‘anti Chinese’ personal opinions which followed up the initial failed campaign were an in-the-moment personal and private response to this disaster and were obtained by hacking into a phone. D&G were obviously under a tonne of pressure watching huge amounts of money go up in smoke, due to the opinion of highly vocal, humourless and culturally sheltered activists.
The whole ongoing campaign of cancellation against D&G is distasteful in my view, and way out of proportion to their ‘dastardly thoughtcrimes’.

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. I hope that Purseforum keeps in mind that change should happen. I do hope someone is constantly checking that there's enough interest and subsequent content to warrant a new forum (Balmain, Versace, Dolce Gabbana etc.) It doesn't appear as if anyone wants to embrace changes. Once the new forums are made, people will likely flock to post MORE about Balmain, Versace, & Dolce Gabbana AS A RESULT OF FORUM SPACE AVAILABILITY. It's a chicken before the egg situation. Which came first?

Here on PurseForum posts come first, then a Forum. I imagine it's a lot of work to create a new Forum and move any Threads from the general Forums to the new Forum. So it makes sense they want to know there is enough interest before creating a new Forum.

Here on PurseForum posts come first, then a Forum. I imagine it's a lot of work to create a new Forum and move any Threads from the general Forums to the new Forum. So it makes sense they want to know there is enough interest before creating a new Forum.
The other interesting thing about the creation of a new forum - nobody seems to understand that the more threads about a brand there are, the more 'interest' can be seen. I can't count the number of times that everybody piles in to one thread about a brand, rather than breaking it up into separate threads (which shows more activity.) The latest example: Polene. Their new bag, Numero Neuf, has its own thread, but folks keeping talking about it in the main Polene thread...

Reactions: JenJBS
I could've sworn there was a D&G forum years ago that was removed due to inactivity.

I didn't make an account back then, but I was anonymously browsing this forum 7-8 years ago...
There used to be a D&G forum and Robert Cavalli forum and Versace forum, but then ******** sold the Purseblog and/or some other major change happened and we lost several forums. :sad: Travelers tend to follow the paved road and those roads were cut off.

Feel free to start threads for your favourite designers in their respective forums (Handbags & Purses, The Glass Slipper, Wardrobe & Accessories).

Me, I'm still waiting for that Manolo Blahnik subforum, but I realize not everyone has good taste and many prefer those clunky hooker shoes :whistle:

A Manolo Blahnik forum sounds great! The + votes indicate agreement with the need for Manolo representation. :smile:

• Wow
Reactions: indiaink
I didn't make an account back then, but I was anonymously browsing this forum 7-8 years ago...
There used to be a D&G forum and Robert Cavalli forum and Versace forum, but then ******** sold the Purseblog and/or some other major change happened and we lost several forums. :sad: Travelers tend to follow the paved road and those roads were cut off.

A Manolo Blahnik forum sounds great! The + votes indicate agreement with the need for Manolo representation. :smile:
:shocked::no:

Hi! We've never had anything to do with ********, and we've never had those forums, perhaps you're confused with bloggers. :smile:

Like @Swanky said, we have nothing to do with ******** and PurseBlog is our main blog (hence, TPF is hosted on a purseblog sub-domain).

I vaguely remember a D&G sub-forum, but the others we definitely never established, as they are quite niche. If a sub doesn't have enough traction, we fold it back into the general handbag section.

Why doesn't Purseforum have a separate Versace or Dolce & Gabbana forum?
These are two BIG brands which deserve their own forum.

1) Please add a Versace forum under Contemporary or Premier Designer.
2) Add a Dolce & Gabbana forum under Premier Designer.
3) And maybe add Jacquemus under Contemporary Designer as well.

You have a Proenza Schouler forum and a Mansur Gavriel forum, but both brands are already extremely outdated. They have not made a come-back in years. Compared to titans like Dolce & Gabbana, Jacquemus, Versace, The Attico, Paco Rabbane, etc. which are the talk of the town, outdated and fossilized brands like Proenza Schuler and Mansur Gavriel barely make a blip on the fashion landscape!

The contemporary designers list really needs to be updated to reflect the times!

I don't see need for a seperate Miu Miu forum. Prada owns Miu Miu.
4) All Miu Miu content should be combined into the existing Prada forum. Or make a subforum under the Prada forum for the Miu Miu content.

I remember how hard it was to get Proenza Schouler, Michael Kors and Celine forums
It took months of creating threads & conversations and keeping them current and active before they were finally given their own forum.

And to see PS referred to as a fossil now!! :lol:
(altho I have to admit — I was always surprised MG got its own forum. I always thought they were a fad & never saw them as a long lasting brand)

If you want to see your favorite designers have their own forums, start threads — A WHOLE LOT OF THREADS - of conversations and make sure people are actively posting there, discussing the topics and keeping them current.

A few suggestions:
Your Most Recent <Brand> Purchase
Modeling Pics of Your <Brand> Bags
Whats Your Favorite <Brand> Bag?
Celebs and Their <Brand> Bags

Browse through the forums of some of the current designers and see which topics are the most active. Get some ideas from the sticky threads in the sub-forums. As others have said, it takes A LOT to get a stand alone forum but if a brand is popular and there’s a lot of active discussion in almost every thread about that brand, the chances are good you can make it happen

Good Luck! :flowers:

I don't know where else to post this question and I've searched for the answer: is there a Tech (electronics, i.e. cell phones, tablets, etc) forum or subforum? Thank you.

Reactions: Chagall
I don't know where else to post this question and I've searched for the answer: is there a Tech (electronics, i.e. cell phones, tablets, etc) forum or subforum? Thank you.
Yes. There used to be a computers/tech sub-forum in the General Discussion forum. It was folded into the GD forum along with Travel, Books & Music, House & Home etc. Just click the “Tech” tag and all of those threads will show. Like this:
63860B60-900C-4C77-A831-66DF9D0FEAEA.png