Please UPDATE the Designers Forums with New Categories

sjunky13

Dreaming............
O.G.
Dec 17, 2006
Marcel's
I didn't make an account back then, but I was anonymously browsing this forum 7-8 years ago...
There used to be a D&G forum and Robert Cavalli forum and Versace forum, but then Pursebop sold the Purseblog and/or some other major change happened and we lost several forums. :sad: Travelers tend to follow the paved road and those roads were cut off.

A Manolo Blahnik forum sounds great! The + votes indicate agreement with the need for Manolo representation. :smile:
:shocked::no:

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Hi! We've never had anything to do with Pursebop, and we've never had those forums, perhaps you're confused with bloggers. :smile:

I didn't make an account back then, but I was anonymously browsing this forum 7-8 years ago...
There used to be a D&G forum and Robert Cavalli forum and Versace forum, but then Pursebop sold the Purseblog and/or some other major change happened and we lost several forums. :sad: Travelers tend to follow the paved road and those roads were cut off.

A Manolo Blahnik forum sounds great! The + votes indicate agreement with the need for Manolo representation. :smile:

Vlad

Founder
Admin
O.G.
Mar 16, 1980
forum.purseblog.com
Like @Swanky said, we have nothing to do with Pursebop and PurseBlog is our main blog (hence, TPF is hosted on a purseblog sub-domain).

I vaguely remember a D&G sub-forum, but the others we definitely never established, as they are quite niche. If a sub doesn't have enough traction, we fold it back into the general handbag section.

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
The Windy City
Why doesn't Purseforum have a separate Versace or Dolce & Gabbana forum?
These are two BIG brands which deserve their own forum.

1) Please add a Versace forum under Contemporary or Premier Designer.
2) Add a Dolce & Gabbana forum under Premier Designer.
3) And maybe add Jacquemus under Contemporary Designer as well.

You have a Proenza Schouler forum and a Mansur Gavriel forum, but both brands are already extremely outdated. They have not made a come-back in years. Compared to titans like Dolce & Gabbana, Jacquemus, Versace, The Attico, Paco Rabbane, etc. which are the talk of the town, outdated and fossilized brands like Proenza Schuler and Mansur Gavriel barely make a blip on the fashion landscape!

The contemporary designers list really needs to be updated to reflect the times!

I don't see need for a seperate Miu Miu forum. Prada owns Miu Miu.
4) All Miu Miu content should be combined into the existing Prada forum. Or make a subforum under the Prada forum for the Miu Miu content.
Here on PurseForum posts come first, then a Forum. I imagine it's a lot of work to create a new Forum and move any Threads from the general Forums to the new Forum. So it makes sense they want to know there is enough interest before creating a new Forum.
I remember how hard it was to get Proenza Schouler, Michael Kors and Celine forums
It took months of creating threads & conversations and keeping them current and active before they were finally given their own forum.

And to see PS referred to as a fossil now!! :lol:
(altho I have to admit — I was always surprised MG got its own forum. I always thought they were a fad & never saw them as a long lasting brand)

If you want to see your favorite designers have their own forums, start threads — A WHOLE LOT OF THREADS - of conversations and make sure people are actively posting there, discussing the topics and keeping them current.

A few suggestions:
Your Most Recent <Brand> Purchase
Modeling Pics of Your <Brand> Bags
Whats Your Favorite <Brand> Bag?
Celebs and Their <Brand> Bags

Browse through the forums of some of the current designers and see which topics are the most active. Get some ideas from the sticky threads in the sub-forums. As others have said, it takes A LOT to get a stand alone forum but if a brand is popular and there’s a lot of active discussion in almost every thread about that brand, the chances are good you can make it happen

Good Luck! :flowers:

V0N1B2

Armchair Supermodel
Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 10, 2009
It's my user name
I don't know where else to post this question and I've searched for the answer: is there a Tech (electronics, i.e. cell phones, tablets, etc) forum or subforum? Thank you.
Yes. There used to be a computers/tech sub-forum in the General Discussion forum. It was folded into the GD forum along with Travel, Books & Music, House & Home etc. Just click the “Tech” tag and all of those threads will show. Like this:
63860B60-900C-4C77-A831-66DF9D0FEAEA.png

B4GBuff

Feb 1, 2019
Why doesn't Purseforum have a separate Versace or Dolce & Gabbana forum?
These are two BIG brands which deserve their own forum.

1) Please add a Versace forum under Contemporary or Premier Designer.
2) Add a Dolce & Gabbana forum under Premier Designer.
3) And maybe add Jacquemus under Contemporary Designer as well.

You have a Proenza Schouler forum and a Mansur Gavriel forum, but both brands are already extremely outdated. They have not made a come-back in years. Compared to titans like Dolce & Gabbana, Jacquemus, Versace, The Attico, Paco Rabbane, etc. which are the talk of the town, outdated and fossilized brands like Proenza Schuler and Mansur Gavriel barely make a blip on the fashion landscape!

The contemporary designers list really needs to be updated to reflect the times!

I don't see need for a seperate Miu Miu forum. Prada owns Miu Miu.
4) All Miu Miu content should be combined into the existing Prada forum. Or make a subforum under the Prada forum for the Miu Miu content.
I second this request especially for Versace! I had to do a search for Versace posts but when I did there were tons! Including the usual celebrity photos etc. At the very least Versace deserves a forum. Not sure if Dolce Gabbana is as popular but Versace is one of the classic luxury top brands not just for bags but for clothing, shoes, and jewellery and fragrances too!

YEANETT

O.G.
Apr 28, 2009

I think you might be confused? I actually know Pursebop and I met her here in the forums, and years ago right before she was starting as Pursebop, she was super active in TPF. :smile:

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Can we please have a BALLY thread? I am shocked that there is no such thread. They are amazing! Thanks.
Hi, welcome to tPF!
We realize everyone loves different designers, so we add individual forums for designers/brands that have a lot of discussion.

• Love
Reactions: 880

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
I've noticed that some of the subforums don't have much traffic but I guess as long as they have some it doesn't matter to me. as far as creating a new subforum, I've seen how that comes about. when the "handbags" forum is flooded with talk about a brand. not just when someone says they like it and would like to see a subforum.

Reactions: JenJBS