Please tell me why you LVoe your Azur Speedy

RhudyTootie

Animal Lover :)
O.G.
Jan 4, 2008
North Carolina
After much deliberation, I think I've decided to purchase a Damier Azur Speedy. Don't know if I'll get the 30 or 35, so any opinions are much appreciated on this as well. I seriously considered a Neverfull, but I prefer hand-held over a shoulder bag.

I don't have a Damier piece in my small collection, but really like the look of Azur. :smile:

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions! :flowers:

serenityxd

Oct 26, 2011
Australia
If you get one make sure you wash your denim jeans a couple times before wearing them together with the bag!

I got colour transfer with my shorts and stupidly used nail polish remover because baby wipes and erasers didn't work and it's wrecked but luckily not the revealing side when I wear it. But I guess it shows a stupid history because I'm so stupid I wrecked my $800 bag!

But either way it's a MUST have, you'll love it heaps, I'm loving mine more than any other bag :smile: I'd say azur speedy 30 is good enough because it's pretty spacious, you can fit a heap load of things in it or unless you carry alot alot of stuff then go for 35, will be waiting for your reveal!

P.S I forgot to mention why I love it, because it looks classic and suit any clothing I wear and everyone says it looks fab in winter so I'm excited to see how it'll look later on as it's summer where I am right now. It pretty much suits every occasion besides running away from the rain so the vachetta doesn't get spotty

Chagall

O.G.
Feb 20, 2010
I don't own an Azur bag but love the look of them in the summer especially.

I too would prefer the speedy over the neverful but the size is such a personal preference.

I have tried the 30 and 35 and it's a tough call!

viewwing

i luv bags
O.G.
Oct 1, 2008
In bag fantasy
I love mine cos it's sooo cute. I have the 25 but I'm very petite. It's a comfy bag and can hold lots. It fits most of my clothes, from jeans to shorts to dresses. I may not wear it with formal business wear though cos azur looks quite casual. I'm loving mine!

RhudyTootie

Animal Lover :)
O.G.
Jan 4, 2008
North Carolina
Thanks everyone. I really think Azur looks great on the Speedy but I am a tad afraid of color transfer from dark jeans, but this won't stop me from purchasing it....hopefully before the price increase occurs.

lshcat

Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 31, 2010
Midwest
Thanks everyone. I really think Azur looks great on the Speedy but I am a tad afraid of color transfer from dark jeans, but this won't stop me from purchasing it....hopefully before the price increase occurs.
I have never had any transfer issues... I think this might come more with dark very saturated or dyed jeans. My jeans are well-washed and not expensive :P maybe that's why I have had decent luck, with my azur Eva, and azur Milla I wore crossbody. Never a problem.

I thought my MONO 30 was too small-looking on me, and sold it. I now have a 35 in azur on its way and I can't wait! I saw and thought the 35 in mono at the boutique was a perfect size. Although I know the lighter color can appear larger through illusion.. but I can weigh in on the matter better when I receive the azur one this week! Check the Clubhouse and view all the azur speedies and you will fall in love with it, like I have. I think the azur print is THE prettiest of all the patterns. It's just so beautiful. And can be dressy, or casual. I think the 30 would probably be fine on a non-plus-sized woman. So it probably comes down to preference and how much you carry... the difference isn't TOO huge. In my opinion. :smile:

AshTx.1

Nov 16, 2011
Well, I have the speedy azur, but it's a 25 & it's just LOVELY. It is pre-owned when I got it and I can tell where the color transfer happened kind of along the side of the bag, but it's not noticeable unless you are staring STRAIGHT at it. I have polished the lock & rivets with Brasso & this purse is from 2008, but it still looks beautiful. I think it goes with so many pieces of clothing that I won. It's just a flat out beautiful purse. :cloud9:

LVLoveaffair

Bagaholic
O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
Sunny Florida
I started off with just mono bags but then I fell in love with Azur! I just love the look of the cream colored checks and I find azur goes with so many colors. I've worn it plenty of times in winter with all black or black and grey or cream clothing. I haven't had any color transfer issues either.
I have the 35 and I think it's a great size. I'm 5'6 and medium build- definitely not skinny but not fat, a little curvy:biggrin: I also have other Speedys in 30 so both sizes would look good depending on your height/frame. But there are plenty of petite members who rock big bags so it comes down to personal preference in the end.
I think you'll love Azur!

BagLady14

O.G.
Dec 15, 2005
North of Boston
I like size 30 or the 25 even. I like bigger bags to be shoulder bags. The SA will let you try each size by putting your items into each bag to see how full/empty it is for you.

needlv

O.G.
Jan 11, 2008
Australia
I looked at the azur speedy, but opted for an azur hampstead. With the speedy I was concerned that because it is hand-held - the handles of the speedy would get dirty much faster than a shoulder bag.

And like other posters have said - beware of colour transfer.

I do have a small line of colour transfer along the bottom of the hampstead too... and personally I don't think I will get another azur bag.

CHANELGIRL96

Aug 29, 2011
I have the speedy 30 in damier azur and it's the perfect size! I'm 5'8" and 15 years old and I felt that the size 25 was too small on my frame. I'm still petite boned if you will but I think that the 25 looks really small. The 30 also fits everything You need a bag to and more. I think as an everyday bag its the perfect size..the 35 seems like almost an overnight bag (if your a light packer) and just to unshaped..IMHO..hope i helped

shallowgal

O.G.
Dec 28, 2006
I'm 5'7" and have the 25... I just prefer that size since I don't carry that much in my bag. I really like the look of the azur, but usually put mine (I have a NF and a pouchette too) away for the winter season... just another personal preference. :P