Please tell me why I should not buy a zippy wallet pomme d'amour!

Zippy wallet pomme d'amour

• Love it! Get one!

• Nah...use your money for something else.

Results are only viewable after voting.

crumpy

Aug 2, 2010
Hello TPFers! I need your help here. Please give me reasons why I should not buy the zippy wallet in pomme d'amour. What do you not like about it? Those who have it, does it hold up well? Is the zippered part dirty after months of use?

My zipper isn't dirty, I would never let that happen :O

It is absolutely beautiful, I just find if I'm making a quick purchase that it's annoying having to zip all the way around. Another thing is that it isn't for people who carry loads of change since it bulges a bit and I'm always scared I'm putting pressure on the zip. Basically as long as you don't want to use it in a rush and you carry mostly cash or card you should enjoy it.

Are you joking? This wallet is amazing. It's the one and only high end wallet I own and I haven't even thought about getting another. I've had mine going on two years now too.

I love it. Get it!

Eventhough I thinks Pomme looks better in SLGs than bags, I'm not that much of the color. I feel like it's too strong a little too much for my liking :smile:

I found the zippy in vernis to be way too bulky. It is significantly bulkier than the Sarah wallet in monogram, which is what I ended up with

Are you joking? This wallet is amazing. It's the one and only high end wallet I own and I haven't even thought about getting another. I've had mine going on two years now too.

I love it. Get it!

Wow thank you for your input. Is it holding up well? I am quite worried that the edges where the zipper is might get dirty easily. How is yours?

The fabric does get dirty and vernis can be prone to peeling as well. I paid almost $200 to fix a peeling vernis zippy. I love my mono one. I wouldnt go vernis again to be honest , even though they are pretty. Look at used ones on ebay before making a decision. Little white dots are peeling. Edges also turn darker in time. Wallets get a lot of use. If you like things to stay really pristine, I would pick mono or damier canvas. However, if you have lots of money and either rotate wallets often, or replace them every 2-3 years, then it is fine. I just don't like to spend close to $900 for a wallet I'm not going to want to
carry in 2 years.

charleston-mom said:
The fabric does get dirty and vernis can be prone to peeling as well. I paid almost $200 to fix a peeling vernis zippy. I love my mono one. I wouldnt go vernis again to be honest , even though they are pretty. Look at used ones on ebay before making a decision. Little white dots are peeling. Edges also turn darker in time. Wallets get a lot of use. If you like things to stay really pristine, I would pick mono or damier canvas. However, if you have lots of money and either rotate wallets often, or replace them every 2-3 years, then it is fine. I just don't like to spend close to $900 for a wallet I'm not going to want to
carry in 2 years.

This is exactly what happened to my vernis zippy, the color was framboise. I used the wallet quite sometime and eventually started peeling and I lost love...I didn't get it repaired and ended up selling it. I have same color agenda and 4key as well...it held up okay but key holder turned dark around the edges and have lots of peeling...I guess you should look around 2yrs life for those!!

I just found peeling spot on my rose pop vernis heart coin purse. I only use it as a bag charm .... Not happy!!! :sad:

I have purple vernis Sarah wallet- I stopped using it long time ago, and no issues since I never use it!

I love my mono zippy better. :smile:

Hello TPFers! I need your help here. Please give me reasons why I should not buy the zippy wallet in pomme d'amour. What do you not like about it? Those who have it, does it hold up well? Is the zippered part dirty after months of use?

I had to re-read this....simply not an option, there is no reason! The Pomme Zippy it is!! :biggrin:

I bought the Pomme Zippy on launch day and immediately retired my Framboise Zippy. My Pomme Zippy is still beautiful, no dirty fabric, no marks, no scratches, no peeling & still get plenty of compliments at the register. I don't give my Vernis SLGs any special treatment, I don't put them in dustbags to carry in my bags, I just have them in my bag with everything else & no problems in the 10+ years I've carried Vernis SLGs. Ref the peeling, not a problem for me, I don't see it as an LV-wide problem and there would be many many threads on TPF with complaints & gripes about it if it were. Vernis is durable & luscious & a great pop of color in any bag. GL deciding!

The Pomme ZCP is beautiful! The color is soo rich in the Vernis! Buy it! It wont be around long as LV is making less of the SLGs in Pomme. It's a very durable wallet. I've had mine for a least one year and I haven't put it down!

I've had my pomme zippy for over a year and so far it looks great! I've used it almost daily for eight months straight and then I've alternated it with my black mc sarah. I definitely don't baby it- I've dropped it on the ground once and it's rubbed up against tons of things in my bag. The only thing that annoys me is that all my vernis slg's tend to gravitate towards each other in my bag and kind of "stick together". It makes me nervous to pull them apart- LOL- but so far nothing bad has happened! No rubbing or discoloration on the fabric near the zipper--I was originally concerned with that.

I agree that the wallet does tend to get bulky if you carry too much and you don't want to distort the zipper! So, I tend to empty the coin sections of my wallet every night into a jar in my kitchen and I keep a few quarters in my mono cles for change. This way I keep all the coin sections of my wallets looking good. (And my kids can raid the coin jar if they have to for whatever...) I also use a pochette for gift cards, receipts, and other odds and ends along with my wallet.
I say go for it! It's so gorgeous and I love pulling it out of my bag. It goes really nicely with the lining of ebene bags and just pops against so many other bags. You won't regret it!