Please tell me why I should not buy a zippy wallet pomme d'amour!

Zippy wallet pomme d'amour

• Love it! Get one!

• Nah...use your money for something else.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why I have not bought any vernis SLG or handbag:

1) shows dust and fingerprints
2) concerns about peeling, deterioration
3) fading is possible with any patent leather even if kept in the dark

I have been tempted many times but so far the only vernis I own are some loafers in amarante which I do really like.

Now I am confused too. I was about to pick up the phone and call to order the Pomme ZCP. I just found one in the NY Saks since I was told that there are very limited. Do I or don't I?

They are not that hard to find- they are part of the permanent collection. During the holidays, the mono and the DE sold out before any of the vernis ZCP. I think it is the price point and the perception that they are high maintenance

I have had my Pomme Zippy for almost a year (bought last Valentines) and with the exception of changing it out on the few occations I needed a small handbag and used my Pomme ZCP, I have used it consistantly. I have had Zero issues with dirt or discoloration. And fingerprints are only a problem it I use excess amounts of lotion on my hands.

I have heard that Pomme is being discontinued so if you have the opportunity I say go for it before it's too late.

This is exactly what happened to my vernis zippy, the color was framboise. I used the wallet quite sometime and eventually started peeling and I lost love...I didn't get it repaired and ended up selling it. I have same color agenda and 4key as well...it held up okay but key holder turned dark around the edges and have lots of peeling...I guess you should look around 2yrs life for those!!

I just found peeling spot on my rose pop vernis heart coin purse. I only use it as a bag charm .... Not happy!!! :sad:

I have purple vernis Sarah wallet- I stopped using it long time ago, and no issues since I never use it!

I love my mono zippy better. :smile:

My pomme french purse started peeling last year too... Was so heart broken

I've had my pomme vernis zippy wallet about a year, and it looks like it did the day I bought it. I don't stuff it, so it doesn't get bulky. And I try to be careful about handling it if I have used lotion recently. I also have the matching cles and small ring agenda but really don't use them that often. I wish I hadn't purchased these pieces, but I love the zippy wallet.

I am bumping this thread because I am still torn...:shucks:

I wonder if your hesitation means that you should not get it. Whenever I am not sure about an item and can't decide to get it, I take it as a sign that I shouldn't and start looking into other options.

Perhaps you could get a wallet in canvas and a SLG in vernis. I love my SLGs in vernis, they are so cute and add a pop of colour to my mono bags.

I have 4 vernis wallets and not one problem.. I say go for it
IMG_2275.jpg

I've had my vernis ZCP (in vert impression- the light green colour) since Jul 2010 and despite all my fears it has held up like a trooper!!
No colour transfer, no dirty edges/fabric near the zip, no peeling.... I even had an unfortunate event where it was soaked in mineral water (that was a disaster) and none of the interior leather was darkened or anything. You'd never know it even happened ;)

I do keep it in it's dustbag when it's in my bag, but it is used every single day. I think Gre8dane is so right about the peeling issue not being widespread, and at worst, LV can fix it. Vernis SLGs are one of my favourite things...

I've had my Pomme French purse, key holder and cles for ages with no problems -- think I got them back in 2006 (or 2007) -- and I use them everyday -- so pretty -- one of my best purchases -- so I vote Yes!

Def think you should go for pomme! but maybe reconsider it being a zippy?? Originally I wanted the same exact thing, but the zippy is just so big and bulky and I don't like how dirty the zipper part gets. I love the sarah!