please tell me this isn't happening.

I'm glad that they are at least going to let you return the bag...

The UPS thing would bother me though...My SS bag was delivered yesterday and I DID NOT have to sign for it!!! ....I don't understand why they were being so rigid with you about it. It was just left at my door along with a package for my DH.

NO WAY. Ugh.

They said when they deliver the new bag, I can send them a formal letter accepting responsibility, and then maybe the shipper will agree to waive the requirement. LOL

Just got off the phone with RM. They were also surprised that the bag had gold hardware!

They are going to let me send it back. But it will be a while before they can tell me if they have a replacement bag. :sad:

But at least it looks like I'll be getting SOMETHING. Weeks after I ordered, but still.

*sigh*

What a mess.

I'm sorry you're going through all this. A handbag is so NOT worth this much aggravation. :tdown:

After the last OSS I told myself "never again"...the site crashed, TONS of orders were canceled (including one of mine), screwed up, etc. But of course I couldn't resist. So there I was at midnight, clicked to sign on, the site crashed, I turned off my computer, went to bed and avoided the sale all together. Too many problems!

Now the Gilt sales on the other hand...perfection! :tup:

I'm sorry you're going through all this. A handbag is so NOT worth this much aggravation. :tdown:

After the last OSS I told myself "never again"...the site crashed, TONS of orders were canceled (including one of mine), screwed up, etc. But of course I couldn't resist. So there I was at midnight, clicked to sign on, the site crashed, I turned off my computer, went to bed and avoided the sale all together. Too many problems!

Now the Gilt sales on the other hand...perfection! :tup:

This was my feeling too! After all the recent messes with her sales, wasn't going to try this time.

Then I was up again in the early morning hours feeding the baby, and the site seemed to be working just fine! And I thought, my my my, they have the ONE bag I said I would get, a black or gray MAC w/silver hardware, and at a great price, why not go for it? Dumb, dumb, dumb. Looking back, however, I see this is the choice only a sleep deprived, handbag obsessed, mother of a newborn would make!! OF COURSE it wouldn't be that easy. LOL

Looking forward to Gilt, except now I'm out that $200 I spent on this fiasco. Ugh.