Please tell me there's life after divorce/breakup

I don't know if I'm one to say (I've never been thru such an experience) but I am completely and utterly positive there IS life after divorce. Please, don't let something like this destroy you. I know it's easier said than done, but my mum says time will erase everything..

I'm sending you a big fat hug the size of my booty! lol
I hope you get thru this healthily, and we're here for you!

I haven't been through a life-changing break-up before, so I can't give you any advice, but you do have my full support and lots of hugs. Like others have said, think of yourself, and apparently, life does go on.

Just lots of hugs from me to all of you who are going thru a hard time! Hope all of these encouraging words can help you out :heart:

Thanks everyone! I just got back from a great day of work and I am feeling really positive. Thank you all for your kind words. It really means so much and knowing that I'm not alone helps so much. Megs, I thank you and Vlad and God every day for TPF. All the wonderful people here have touched my life in so many positive ways and kept me going when I just felt like crawling into bed and pulling the covers over my head. :heart:

I am living proof of a beautiful life after divorce.

Right now, the pain and confusion are like an iceberg...you have a small ice-pick, but if you keep hammering away, in a while you will have an ice cube instead. Stay busy, find out what you like best about yourself and nurture it, LAUGH.

It doesn't sound like there are kids involved, right? That made it easier for me, the ties are severed and I don't have to have any contact with the ex EVER.

Everyone talks about how short life is, I think life is LONG, too long to spend it in a relationship that is not supportive and loving. Only you know what your expectations and the right decisions are. Be strong~

Hi, Hugs to you. I am sorry I cannot be of much consolation to you. I went through a marriage break up almost 10 years ago, I left the abusive relationship but really haven't moved on at all but I sure hope it will be better for you. There are many encouraging stories here.

I know you are scared but you will be OK. I was in a 7 year relationship with my ex, and I too went through a depression period after we finally broke up for good. But once the cloud lifted after a few months with the support of my family and friends I finally started to realize the things that I could do now that I was single and without him in my life and the things he used to try to stop me from doing. Things like going out with my friends, taking a second job, going to school at night and finally joining the armed forces and no worrying about leaving him behind. It was like I had a new lease on life. And guess what when he saw the new me (with a new kickass haircut also) he tried crawling back. And I thought about it, all I saw was going back to darkness. I was enjoying the new me, the better me. The me I didn't know existed when he was in my life. I know you can't see it now but brighter days wait ahead for you. I promise:idea:

Thanks Lynnie! :heart: Carolina, yep no kids. Which does make it a lot easier. :yes: I really like your iceberg analogy. I can see myself taking positive steps towards chipping away at it...tomorrow I plan on packing a lot of my stuff up. I'm planning on having enough saved to move out on my own by the end of this month.
Thank you Bagangel :heart: Oh my gosh BagFreak I have been thinking of joining the armed forces too. It's something I've always wanted to do but felt like I couldn't b/c of him.

I know you are scared but you will be OK. I was in a 7 year relationship with my ex, and I too went through a depression period after we finally broke up for good. But once the cloud lifted after a few months with the support of my family and friends I finally started to realize the things that I could do now that I was single and without him in my life and the things he used to try to stop me from doing. Things like going out with my friends, taking a second job, going to school at night and finally joining the armed forces and no worrying about leaving him behind. It was like I had a new lease on life. And guess what when he saw the new me (with a new kickass haircut also) he tried crawling back. And I thought about it, all I saw was going back to darkness. I was enjoying the new me, the better me. The me I didn't know existed when he was in my life. I know you can't see it now but brighter days wait ahead for you. I promise:idea:
Wow! Great story!

Crochetbella, I think you know deep in your heart what you need to do. You just need to take baby steps towards that goal. My break-up story is very much like BagFreak's. I feel it made me a better and definitely happier person for it. You'll be fine. You just have to keep telling yourself that and one day, you'll wake up and realize you are.