Please tell me my ring can be saved!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

baobei

O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
San Francisco
Hi TPFers'
It's my first time posting in the jewelry section, and was hoping you lovely ladies can offer some good advice.

I recently moved to a new place and while unpacking, i found a ring that was gifted to me for my bday when i turned 21. It's a sterling silver ring from Tiffany's Garden Collection and one of my absolute favorites. I haven't worn this ring in a long while (2-3 yrs to be exact) and decided to try it on today for the first time and now it just doesn't even fit. I tried to force it onto my usual finger, but it's really tight and sadly, makes my finger look like a fat sausage. And i can't wear it on my other fingers - since it's too loose for my ring and pinky. :crybaby:

Does anyone know if i bring the ring back to tiffany's they can help me resize it? Is sterling silver even resizable? Or in my case, can a jeweler make my ring just a little bit bigger?

Thanks in advance!

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
Im not familiar with this style but it's JUST silver right? No stones? Stones complicate it, but if it's just silver they might be able to "bump it" up.

ladyash

O.G.
Jun 5, 2010
Canada
Pics please?
You should be able to size it as long as it's not a designed band. Like all the way around design because sizing it they can't put the detail back into it. Also if it has stones it depends on where they are located because it's likely to cause them to become loose or pop out if you need to go up a fair bit. Silver can be resized though :smile: I used to work in an all silver jewellery store and we would send things off to be resized all the time with the exception of detailed pieces and certain stone settings.

Bagaday

O.G.
Apr 9, 2008
Midwest
You can absolutely size up a ss ring (especially if no stones) and if there's not a Tiffany's by you, any reputable jeweler could do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.