Please tell me more about - Essentiel bag

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to search the forum for more information about the Essentiel but so far I'm having no luck. I'm not very good at searching either. So if there's already treads on this bag, please let me know.

Does anyone have this bag and would be able to tell me more about it? i.e. Can it be worn as a cross body for a short person, what the leather is like and how much it can fit? For the price should I get something else?

I'm after a bag to fit my zippy wallet, phone, lippy and keys for the more casual events and travelling so i like the bag to be a tad more discreet (no huge logo / bag isn't covered in logos) and has a zipper or flap.

I really like the the Alma PPM as well but it looks bulky in pictures and I'm not sure if the Vivienne S-Lock is big enough to fit everything.

Thanks for all your inputs and suggestions ladies!

I also would like to hear more about the Essential! I played around with it the other day and really liked it. The strap is thin but okay. (Sorry, don't know about the cross body option). The pebbled leather is very luxurious and I believe it will hold more than the Favorite MM simply because its not as structured.

I loaded it up with my Zippy and most of my regular things that I carry and it did all fit.

I hope someone will come up with some modeling pictures (or any pictures at all). This seems to be a really great handbag and I think I want one. :graucho:

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply Tulip2. I went in after work hopping to try it out and buy it if I liked it enough. Unfortunately, none of the stores around me have it in stock and I have to go to another store tomorrow to try the Alma PPM.

I'll be in Singapore at the end of the week for a 1 & 1/2 day stop over. If it's meant to be then I'll find my bag there...if not then the Gucci Soho Disco must have my name written all over it!!

If this is the bag you are talking about the leather is so soft!!!
It looks great as a clutch folded over
Held as a tote on arm or hand
Held on shoulder half the bag folds over
And if you are as short as me can be worn as cross body but doesn't look as fab that would probably just be worn like this for safety

Any questions or photo requests be happy to help
This is probably one of my favourite bags (one of those bags you just enjoy staring at)
It is very like the sac plat in size I think except it folds over if that's how you decide to carry
Xxx

Hi Derigueur,

Thank you so much for the pic and description. I don't think that's the bag. It's so long I can never pull it off...it looks as long as my upper body (I'm a very shot women) but the material looks similar.

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...ise-2014-essentiel-instant-reveal-846756.html

Is this it?. It looks nice!

There's mod pics and info on that thread so it might help, if that's the right one lol

Thank you SoadyJones! I think this handbag is fantastic. I also searched for it but couldn't find this post. I saw it in Neige and Corail.

This post is from Dec 2013. I wonder why its not on the website? Maybe I can get back to the Boutique to get it one day soon. :loveeyes: