Please tell me I am NOT alone!!!!!!

I definitely do this since my SO is an extremely frugal person! Even though it's my own money and I work hard for it, he still makes me feel bad for my purchases even though I always contribute my share of rent, etc. He has this "look" that he gives me. So, that's why I spend so much time on the forum because I know that some of you guys actually understand.

Hmm, I feel it's better if fiance doesn't know the actual cost of the Bbags. Men just will not get it, OK. If I told him how much a Bbag cost he'd probably say that's ridiculous. But he told me about some supposedly amazing film camera he wants to be (he's a indep. filmmaker too) that's $3500! If I told him that's ridiculous he'd just ramble on and on and on about how useful it will be, that WE'll use it to make a film together, enter more festivals, etc. I can't really find a reasonable use for my Bbags except making me look even better!

DH knows about all of my bags and other shopping. he is so great! crazy dude actually encourages this behavior! but i suspect that part of it is hidden agenda... he collects $$$$ guitars and tech stuff, so he wants to be able to do that without me nagging. he also owns every video game known to man. we're like kids. :P this will all have to end soon, as we are mentally (very slowly) preparing for parenthood, but until then, we'll have fun.

HOT AVATAR GF!!! :drool: My husband knows exactly what mine cost but would never say a word. I have my play money that I work hard for, and he has his. He spends his on golf and motorcycles and I buy bags! :P

me too! PHBF and I have always had our own money and our own accounts. Even so, he used to grumble and question my bag purchases, but he stopped that once he got his own expensive hobby - he's a private pilot and bought his own plane. Plane parts, electronic equipment and maintanence far surpass my bags!!! Now he never complains or asks me prices! :lol:

he still doesn't know how much they cost. He once asked me if I would ever spend over $200 on a bag. bwah-ha-ha-ha!!:roflmfao:

p.s. HOT AVATAR debsmith too!!! :drool:

OK, Here is a recent conversation at Neiman Marcus between me and DH. (An extremely rare occurence as he is NOT a shopper)
Me: Wow! What a gorgeous bag.
DH: HOW much is that????
Me: $1200.00
DH: OMG, :nuts: Women would actually spend THAT much on a bag????
ME: I know? Can you imagine!?!?! LOL!!!!!
ME again: I get mine on Ebay for $200.00 what is wrong with these crazy women!!!! :roflmfao:

ME: I know? Can you imagine!?!?! LOL!!!!!
ME again: I get mine on Ebay for $200.00 what is wrong with these crazy women!!!! :roflmfao:

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

Oh dear... that sounds like me. I try not to throw down numbers, because that usually comes back to bite me. He just assumes everything on eBay is *cheaper*... ;)

I mean, some of them are from eBay...

i think it's hereditary - my mom has done the same thing, putting bags in the trunk of her car, in bags in the closet, etc. and now i'm doing it! i keep a stockpile of dustbag covered bags in my armoire... let's hope it doesn't bust open!

Also, it pays to have a husband who's color blind. He wouldn't know a pale rose from a lilac anyway

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

LOL!! you lucky - lucky girl!!

I can't hide anything from mine, but as time passes he's getting fonder and fonder of my bags so it's getting easier and easier to get more! :biggrin:

3 weeks after a Bbag scolding and I've already got the permission to get a Rouge Theather First whenever I can get my hands on one! :yahoo:

it's so funny that you bring this up. there was an interesting article in the nytimes not too long ago about how women still pay for luxury goods in cash as to keep their spending matters out of their husband/SO's sight from amex bills. i never thought i would be one of those women, until i recently got a higher paying job that allowed me to have the disposable income to buy designer things.

my hubby did buy me my first bbag, but right away, i plotted to buy my second. i mentioned this to him and he kind of looked at me like i was insane. it's been about a week since i received my anthracity baby, and already i'm thinking about buying another. it will be no financial stretch for me to buy another, or indeed, even two new ones this week, but part of me feels guilty about walking into balny and parting with the cash. it feels wrong somehow, even though i work hard for the money and deserve it. so i'm going to wait another week. if the mania is still there. i'm going to do it.

glad i'm not alone though!