Please tell me: do you think this is rude?

TFFC

Jan 3, 2007
Today, I carried my watercolour speedy to work. When I was going out to lunch, a couple of ladies asked if it was a new bag and how it was lovely etc, resulting in a few more ladies turning around with interest.

AND THEN this one person gets up from her desk, walks over to where I'm standing and says: "Do you girls even like Louis Vuitton? I don't think it's that great...I mean, (turns to look at my bag) it's a cute bag and all, don't get me wrong - but it's just not that special. (pauses) No offense."

Now, am I being over sensitive in being offended by this? I couldn't give a rats that she doesn't like LV - but imo, it's REALLY RUDE of her to come over and say that when other people were admiring my bag. If we were just having a casual discussion about bags and she said that, then fine. But NOT while I'm carrying one and the subject of conversation? :shrugs:

I would love to hear what fellow tPfers think.

And btw, just for interest, three of the five ladies who were talking about my bag have LV too :lol:

Thanks for reading :flowers:

Yes her comment was totally out of place. I dont think your being over sensitive, since as you said other ladies were admiring your bag and suddenly this person pops out of nowhere with a negative comment. Jealousy is so obvious!

Yes, definitely very rude of her. IMO she sounds jealous. I can't think of any other reason why someone would do that unless they are jealous or just a total b1tch.

Don't take heed of it. She probably can't afford one. I have friends who think my bag obsession is ridiculous but I don't take them personally. We all have our own silly obsessions; gadgets, cars whatever it is :balloon:

Thanks for your replies :flowers: I'm glad there are others who share my opinion! I would never say anything like that fullstop. I wonder if she realises she's being rude?

Oh yeah!

VERY VERY rude. Makes my blood boil just thinking about it.
How did you react? Did you say anything?
If you are like me, I never can think of a good come back on the spot but later think of all the things I could have said.

UGH! She's is jealous...very obvious. Just realize that....and no class either.

^^ I said "no offense taken" and acted like I was totally ok with it. Grrr. Not because I didn't have a good comeback, but because I felt it wasn't in my best interest to make a scene out of it in front of my colleagues (including the CEO haha).

I wouldn't dismiss her as being jealous, maybe she genuinely doesn't like LV which is fine. But she didn't have to be so utterly rude in expressing her opinion!

^^ I said "no offense taken" and acted like I was totally ok with it. Grrr. Not because I didn't have a good comeback, but because I felt it wasn't in my best interest to make a scene out of it in front of my colleagues (including the CEO haha).

I wouldn't dismiss her as being jealous, maybe she genuinely doesn't like LV which is fine. But she didn't have to be so utterly rude in expressing her opinion!

See, I wouldn't have even thought to say that! Good one!
Oh, didn't know the CEO was included in the group of LV onlookers...that's a different story.
Either way, IMO, it was rude!!!!

Good for you....you rose above her and the situation and in front of the CEO! That will go a long way. Trust me. As for your other colleagues, I bet they totally understood and have experienced similar situations themselves since they carry LV too. That other gal just made a total @$$ of herself, in my opinion!

I agree with everyone that person was rude too but then my comback would be " yep this bag was design by richard prince, it's a work of art you either luv or hate it personal taste! everyone thought picasso was an idiot during his period"