Please tell me about Lady Dior bags

Many thanks for your very helpful answers, joe! I suppose the calfskin would be less "luxurious" as compared to the lambskin. but I will try to search for the calfskin versions in the forum; to see the differences between the 2 types of leathers. I would check out the patent LDs as well. Am just not sure on the patent-don't want anything too shiny as my mom is in her 60s and I don't think she'll like a too shiny kind of bag.

thanks for correcting me on the term "caviar" :P

Calfskin can be very luxurious as well. In fact, Dior's new Diorissimo line of bags with an even higher price point than the Lady Dior is made of beautiful grained calfskin (akin to the Hermes Birkin).

The more recent calfskin versions of the Lady Dior are seasonal styles that are slightly different from the classic design. I have attached a picture of one below. The price of this calfskin version is higher than the lambskin version, but it also has hand-tied leather "bows" which add to the price.

My mom is the same about patent, and she's in her 60s as well, so I understand. In this case, then the lambskin will be the best choice. It isn't that delicate, and your mom will absolutely love it. May I suggest the black lambskin Lady Dior with the gold hardware? It looks very classy and elegant.

Attachments

• Dior Lady Dior fall 2011 bows 2.jpg
    Dior Lady Dior fall 2011 bows 2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 8,656
Thanks for the pic! I haven't seen this LD! Very unique. I love your suggestion of the black lambskin with gold hardware. That is the one I had in mind. Really classy!

Hi there

I found a dusty Dior bag in the dumpster, cleaned it up and it looks pretty authentic. its lambskin lining and shiny leather on the outer quilted side. the only thing is it doesnt have a serial number.
I looked online at other bags ad the lining is fabric in some. it says on the inner pocket on the tag Christian Dior and underneath PARIS. and online i saw different , even one that said' made in Italy'

my question is :
1. how do i know its real?
2. did the fakes come in lambskin??

thank you so much
fbid=10150984798986546&set=a.10150107251481546.273421.695191545&type=1&theater"]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150984798986546&set=a.10150107251481546.273421.695191545&type=1&theater[/URL]
Sharon-Lee

Last edited:
Hi there

I found a dusty Dior bag in the dumpster, cleaned it up and it looks pretty authentic. its lambskin lining and shiny leather on the outer quilted side. the only thing is it doesnt have a serial number.
I looked online at other bags ad the lining is fabric in some. it says on the inner pocket on the tag Christian Dior and underneath PARIS. and online i saw different , even one that said' made in Italy'

my question is :
1. how do i know its real?
2. did the fakes come in lambskin??

thank you so much
fbid=10150984798986546&set=a.10150107251481546.273421.695191545&type=1&theater"]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150984798986546&set=a.10150107251481546.273421.695191545&type=1&theater[/URL]
Sharon-Lee
This question belongs here: http://forum.purseblog.com/dior/authenticate-this-dior-please-read-post-1-first-746130.html

Pictures have to be uploaded to a public image hosting site or they won't be accessible.

Recently i've been intrigued by Lady Dior bag.
I'm just wondering if this bag is too "old lady-ish" for a girl in her early 20s?
Any thoughts?

Not at all. Actually, in Toronto, whenever I see the Lady Dior, it's on a young girl in her 20s, and most of them have the patent version (I guess it's easier to maintain).

You can also get one in a bright pink colour (i.e. Fushia, Rose Sorbet, Rose Clair, etc.). There is no way that these can look old.

Not at all. Actually, in Toronto, whenever I see the Lady Dior, it's on a young girl in her 20s, and most of them have the patent version (I guess it's easier to maintain).

You can also get one in a bright pink colour (i.e. Fushia, Rose Sorbet, Rose Clair, etc.). There is no way that these can look old.

I saw some of the pinks and they're beautiful!
I thought the patent leather is harder to maintain
'cause it's very easy for them to get colour transfer?

I saw some of the pinks and they're beautiful!
I thought the patent leather is harder to maintain
'cause it's very easy for them to get colour transfer?

It depends on the material that comes in contact with the patent leather. You can also get a darker colour, like their new vibrant purple (some TPF members have this. I don't know what it's called, but it comes with Champagne Gold hardware). This way, colour transfer won't show as easily.

Oh wow, thanks for your input averagejoe
i'm also wondering if Lady Dior or Dior bags in general are superior in quality?
I've been always lusting for Chanel 2.55 but their declining in quality makes me re-think...
Does the Lady Dior in lambskin have a bunch of issues?

Oh wow, thanks for your input averagejoe
i'm also wondering if Lady Dior or Dior bags in general are superior in quality?
I've been always lusting for Chanel 2.55 but their declining in quality makes me re-think...
Does the Lady Dior in lambskin have a bunch of issues?

Dior = superior quality

There have not been problems with the Lady Dior. Even if you check the TPF threads, you won't find any quality issues.

Hi, I want to get a Lady Dior bag neither the top-handle one or the sling one that Mila Kunis is advertising for my friend because he wants it alot. Do you think it's ok for him to use it? Probably as a sling than a purse?

eminere™;21123339 said:
There was a colour from Cruise 2010 called pigeon that would have resembled a taupe; however, this was a seasonal colour and is no longer available in boutiques.

I know this is an old post.. but I think pigeon might have been back again (or become a permanent color?). I just came across a pigeon miss dior w/ long chain in the boutique (it was love at first sight so I bought it), and when I was going around comparing colors I saw a Granville also in pigeon. The color also appeared in a colorblocked Diorissimo clutch for FW12, which is gorgeous - hope they will continue with this model in the future.