Please tell me about Lady Dior bags

eminere™;21143789 said:
If the bag the SA found is indeed pigeon (as in the colour code corresponds to pigeon, and it is not merely another similar colour), then the bag would be old stock as it would've indeed been from Cruise 2010. It could, for all intents and purposes, be brand new if it came from a boutique with slow-moving stock and the bag simply sat there all this time without being sold. It could also be a display or last piece; as long as these are still in perfect condition there is no reason why they can't be sold. Dior's return policy varies between countries.

Thank you again for your response and for being so helpful. I will order the bag and hope that it is indeed in perfect condition.

eminere™;21143789 said:
Eminere ~ I have some questions...I called around today and there was an SA who was able to locate a Lady Dior in Pigeon for me. I want to order the bag but I'm concerned that it might be a returned or displayed bag. She assured me that it is from a stock room and in perfect condition. But I have been assured that before with Chanel and have gotten used bags a couple of times. How can a bag from Cruise 2010 still be available? She mentioned that it was a popular color so I'm wondering how it can still be available. What is Dior's return policy? Do they take bags back that have been used? Do they sell displayed bags? Sorry for so many questions. TIA.

If the bag the SA found is indeed pigeon (as in the colour code corresponds to pigeon, and it is not merely another similar colour), then the bag would be old stock as it would've indeed been from Cruise 2010. It could, for all intents and purposes, be brand new if it came from a boutique with slow-moving stock and the bag simply sat there all this time without being sold. It could also be a display or last piece; as long as these are still in perfect condition there is no reason why they can't be sold. Dior's return policy varies between countries.

As eminere says, the return policy for Dior differs between countries, but if you are in the UK, the return policy is exchange only, no refunds, within 28 days of purchase ;) It is possible that old stock were not sold out, hence some boutiques may have older styles which are no longer available in some boutiques. They would not be displayed on the Dior website either as they tend to show the newer collections or most sought after styles. I believe you can request the bag to be put on hold for a couple of days so you can go and see it before you buy it if it's at your local boutique. Otherwise, if it is coming from another boutique, I'm pretty sure you're allowed to inspect it before you pay the full price if all they require is a deposit

eminere™;21143789 said:

The Holt Renfrew Dior here is a small concession set-up without a lot of room to display the merchandise, so some bags either won't be displayed or will be displayed briefly and then put away to make room for newer merchandise. In both cases, customers may miss a particular bag, so it won't get sold until someone digs it up.

This also happened at the Gucci boutique at Holts. I ended up getting an amazing deal on a Gucci 1973 bag for my aunt because the bag was "hidden" until an SA found it. By the time the SA found it, it had to be marked down to the latest markdown of 60% off!!!

averagejoe said:
The Holt Renfrew Dior here is a small concession set-up without a lot of room to display the merchandise, so some bags either won't be displayed or will be displayed briefly and then put away to make room for newer merchandise. In both cases, customers may miss a particular bag, so it won't get sold until someone digs it up.

This also happened at the Gucci boutique at Holts. I ended up getting an amazing deal on a Gucci 1973 bag for my aunt because the bag was "hidden" until an SA found it. By the time the SA found it, it had to be marked down to the latest markdown of 60% off!!!

My SA told me there are a certain image Dior wants to project and retain, therefore they can't just pile up bags on the display like some cheap merchandises, even though there are plenty in the stock room. All you have to do is ask and the SA will show it to you or will let you know what are available that you can order from.

Thanks everyone for your input. It makes me feel a little bit more at ease. It sounds like Dior boutiques have a more strict return policy than department stores which is where I normally purchase my handbags. I'm in the US and there is no Dior boutique in my area so I will be ordering my LD by phone. I'm hoping that it is one that customers missed and have just been sitting in the stock room in perfect condition :smile:.

Hi I'm thinking of buying my first lady Dior bag too!

I have decided to get the medium size, patent most likely but struggling with the colour
it's a tough one between;
Patent red
Lamb skin red
Patent grey
And I'm not sure which colour hardware to go for as well? Maybe silver cos I'm afraid gold will be too OTT with red?

Does anyone know when Dior is increasing its prices pls?

Thanks!

I have decided to get the medium size, patent most likely but struggling with the colour
Patent red
Lamb skin red
Patent grey
And I'm not sure which colour hardware to go for as well? Maybe silver cos I'm afraid gold will be too OTT with red?

Thanks!

Patent red
Lamb skin red
Patent grey

Thanks!

I suggest the patent Mink Grey. It only comes with silver hardware. The grey is pearlized and looks divine!

I think that the red with the gold hardware has already been discontinued, so it should be difficult to find.

And you may want to call a Dior boutique to inquire about the next price increase. It's generally announced really close to the date that the prices are actually increased.

By the way, you posted your question twice.

AnnC said:
Thanks everyone for your input. It makes me feel a little bit more at ease. It sounds like Dior boutiques have a more strict return policy than department stores which is where I normally purchase my handbags. I'm in the US and there is no Dior boutique in my area so I will be ordering my LD by phone. I'm hoping that it is one that customers missed and have just been sitting in the stock room in perfect condition :smile:.

My local Dior boutique locates inside a Saks store so it has 30 days return policy versus 7 days. If you need SA info let me know. Their customer service is the best. Don't worry about the condition of the bag. They will make sure it's in the best shape. I ordered a light beige LD with the darker gold and there was only one left in the company. Dior does not come with the darker gold hardware anymore except on the black LD. The bag was a display model so the handles and hardware have been touched but the condition was barely noticeable. They replaced both the handles and hardware even though I would be okay if they just cleaned it up a little bit. They value their customers and always make sure you are 100% satisfied.

pinkpeony84 said:

Patent red
Lamb skin red
Patent grey

Thanks!

As mentioned by averagejoe, red does not come with gold anymore. I searched for this bag more than a year ago and none existed.
I have the red lambskin LD and have both the patent red and pearlize grey New Lock porchettes. Love all three colors. Red is more pop and calling for attention especially the red patent. Grey is elegant and more subtle.

My local Dior boutique locates inside a Saks store so it has 30 days return policy versus 7 days. If you need SA info let me know. Their customer service is the best. Don't worry about the condition of the bag. They will make sure it's in the best shape. I ordered a light beige LD with the darker gold and there was only one left in the company. Dior does not come with the darker gold hardware anymore except on the black LD. The bag was a display model so the handles and hardware have been touched but the condition was barely noticeable. They replaced both the handles and hardware even though I would be okay if they just cleaned it up a little bit. They value their customers and always make sure you are 100% satisfied.

Thank you bagchic1. I may need your SA info if it doesn't work out with this SA that I'm ordering from. It is nice to know that Dior provides good customer service and values their customers. Wow, that is great that they replaced the handles and hardware for you.

I suggest the patent Mink Grey. It only comes with silver hardware. The grey is pearlized and looks divine!

I think that the red with the gold hardware has already been discontinued, so it should be difficult to find.

And you may want to call a Dior boutique to inquire about the next price increase. It's generally announced really close to the date that the prices are actually increased.

By the way, you posted your question twice.
thanks averagejoe.
I agree mink grey is divine!
but i find that when i have both patent grey and patent red 323 on, the grey is subtle and almost fades into background.

I love both the colors! red is a very 'poppy' color
i'm still torn between the 2...
which color would u say is more classic and one i can wear more in daytime?
thanks!

As mentioned by averagejoe, red does not come with gold anymore. I searched for this bag more than a year ago and none existed.
I have the red lambskin LD and have both the patent red and pearlize grey New Lock porchettes. Love all three colors. Red is more pop and calling for attention especially the red patent. Grey is elegant and more subtle.
thanks bagchic1
i agree red is more attention seeking and grey more subtle and elegant
i tried them both on again and i am torn between the 2!!
which color do u use more?
anymore advice on which color to choose pls?
thanks

thanks bagchic1
i agree red is more attention seeking and grey more subtle and elegant
i tried them both on again and i am torn between the 2!!
which color do u use more?
anymore advice on which color to choose pls?
thanks

I would suggest you wear an outfit that most closely resembles what you wear more often to the boutique, carry both bags again and decide that way ;) personally, I'm not a big fan of red, so my vote would be towards the grey because it's a neutral colour and can be matched with almost any outfit, but you should really go and try that and make your decision that way

Hi everyone,

I've got my 1st LD in medium :yahoo::loveeyes:

I love her to bits but I found it's so challenging to put my wallet & sunnies case in or take them out :nogood:. My wallet is a Ferragamo french wallet which is small & pretty thick.

I'm so scared that I'm either gonna damage my wallet, or my sunnies (the case is a soft plastic case), or my LD or all of them.

Questions - please help me

1) Just wondering if anyone also find it hard to take your wallet out from your LD.

2) Do you have any tips to make it's easier or to protect your wallet & your LD? I don't use long wallet so any suggestions for short wallet will be really helpful.

3) My SA told me that violet patent is limited edition. Is it a seasonal color or really a limited edition kinda thing? I don't see that color on Dior website. Could someone tell me if it's this year collection?

4) I'm thinking of getting another one in lamb skin. Dilemma - Should I order an orange or should wait for a tricolor :thinking:? Anyone know when a non-pastel color tricolor gonna come? I can only choose 1 & will go to a strict strict strict bag ban. :crybaby: