Please talk me in or out of this bag! ;)

cverhoff

Aug 7, 2006
I cannot get this bag off my mind! Everytime I go into Coach, I am always drawn to it. Its so gorgeous and so soft and comfy! Then my practical side of my brain kicks in and I remember I'm pretty much SOL if I get it dirty. Although, I have never soiled a bag yet. I'm very good with my bags. I'm also looking for a casual bag for day use ( a lot of day use). ALTHOUGH, you could argue this IS a hippie which in design standards = casual. See what I'm doing? lol. I go back and forth with pros and cons.. Please talk me into or out of this bag and give me your reasons/opinions. I'm also afraid to pay even PCE prices for this bag since its been out for a while. I have a feeling they will be hitting the outlets sooner rather than later. ALTHOUGH, I do not live near an outlet so I would be paying inflated ebay prices down the road if I decide to wait. I called my store and they have 1 in stock. I had them hold it for me until tomorrow. Help! Should I go for it or pick a more practical bag for everyday:biggrin:??? TIA

Attachments

• hippie.jpg
    hippie.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 75
It is a pretty bag, but I still prefer the older hippie style. The leather just doesn't work for me.... I would be afraid of it. It kinda reminds me of velvet and I think it would just attract everything. I say yes to the color and style but no to the leather.

Well, I love this bag i will be getting it tomorrow, and i dont think you will see it at the outlets, JAX only had under 100 in.......you need this bag its stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eeeek, I called JAX just now, and they have 0 of this bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my FP store better still have this bag or i might cry.....
wow!!!!! and i thought just maybe i could get this at the outlet too!!!!!

I do love this bag. I felt the same for another bag that was like this, but gold in another style. I eventually got it at the outlets.
If u love it, forget all the other stuff.
Also, if y'all can't find it at coach, u can try department stores. I know nordstroms will honor the pce, online, and in the store. I have done both. Online they had honored pce, and in store, the matched the outlets.
Good luck!

Well, I agree it's too delicate for everyday use. The new leather Madison hippies are great looking if you want an everyday bag.

Nordstrom has these bags if you don't find it at the boutique. I think I saw it at Macy's too.

It look beautiful!!! I haven't seen irl however. I think you will regret NOT getting it with PCE. Get her home, and then really decide, while you have the chance. I love the chain detailing on her for sure!!!

I'm still on the fence but now that I know there are NONE left in JAX and only 1 left at my store on hold for me. I doubt this will make it to the outlets with the exception of returns here and there. I think I'm going to get this beauty, keep the tags on and just hold on to it for a few days until I decide. Keep the opinions coming! Muranogrl and jackbnip, its great to know you are still loving the bag and happy with the purchase.:smile: Does anyone know whether you can spray Apple stain/water repellant guarde on this material? I think I might try it if I decide to keep her. What accessories would look good with this bag? OH, wanted to add... I did see this bag at my local Dillard's today. Although, they will not honor the PCE. :sad:

i LOVE her! just saw her irl today, cant help myself circling the store a couple times patting her~lol!
i think u should just get it & think about at home...especially theres none left at JAX...:biggrin: