Please take a look and see what you think...

Sep 23, 2006
Please take a look and see what you think...
Okay, so I bought a Burberry journal from ebay. It says it was an authentic journal, but when I received it, the box was not the correct color and the horseman on the journal is incorrect. In addition, Burberry is labelled wrong on the back of the journal. It says Burberry, but the lettering looks "off." The auction says that you can return in 7 days for a full refund minus the shipping fees. You just have to pay shipping. I want to know how to handle this situation. This is the auction information:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Auction number:380149079162

Thank you

P.S. I accidently posted this in an older thread. Sorry about that.
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Actually, I just found my answer. I did receive a fake journal. So now, I need to know how to return the journal to get back my money and the shipping cost. Is it even possible to get back the shipping cost?

Hello,

I am aware that I just received a fake journal. Burberry journals have "Burberry Established 1856" stamped on the front page. In addition to that, the box is incorrect in color and the "Burberry" stamp is incorrect on the back. I would like to get a full refund on this item because it is significanly not as described. I don't believe in having fake items and I am a very honest buyer. I think the seller should be honest as well. How do you plan to remedy this situation? . I am a seller on amazon and I have 100% feedback on all of my items. I am honest and I expect the same courtesy from those that I buy from. Please respond as soon as possible.

Thank you

Would this be okay to send to the seller? Thank you

Well, okay...so I went on ahead and sent the letter. Do I still need to file a SNAD claim? Thanks.

Last edited:
see what the seller comes back with, if he's uncooperative, open a SNAD with paypal. you won't get the return shipping back though, are you in the uk ?

Last edited:
^^ It is okay...I emailed him last night and he says that he was misinformed about the journal. He has refunded my money. He says he doesn't want the journal because it is fake. Should I still send it back?

Last question. The seller has given me a refund. Now my question is this...on my ebay page it says the item is not paid for. I have a full refund. I just want to make sure that is normal. In addition to that...I have the original receipt just in case.

Yes. Just delete the item form the items bought page and the annoying message goes away.

Make sure you do that, because when you go to pay future invoices, it will re-appear so you can combine payments. You don't want to accidentally pay again.

Thank you all so much. You have been really helpful. I thought this was going to be an ugly mess and it was quick and easy. I just deleted the won item as suggested. TPF is so helpful. Thank you so much. I really appreciate all of the help!