Please show me your Tea Rose Coach Bags

Berengeria

Apr 15, 2024
Hi All! I'm trying to decide if the tea rose line is worth the high (to me) cost. It would really help me to see what they look like with actual outfits on real people. Thanks!

@Berengeria - I have no images to post, but the tea rose bags will only be worth it to you if you actually wear them. I have two tea rose, regular-sized Rogues, one in an apricot/salmony color with tea roses, and one in black with black and white snakeskin tea roses and black and white snakeskin handles. I have worn each of them only one time, because they are quite unique and special, and because I have not had occasion to wear them, or the time to consider planning an outfit around them. I get much more wear out of my much plainer, single-colored Rogues (in dark denim blue, a deep turquoise/teal kind of color with whipstitching, a more recent Regenerative leather one in black with brass hardware, a 25 in bright purple, and my older black Rogue shoulder bag), although, just thinking about my tea rose Rogues makes me want to plan an outfit around each of them, just for fun, to take each on an outing. I am quite attracted to the newer, monochrome tea rose offerings, which would likely be much easier to wear due to the lack of contrasting colors in their tea roses. (I hope I have not just talked myself into a purchase in responding to your inquiry. LOL.)

Good luck with your decision. The Coach Rogue bags with tea roses are unique, feminine, very well-constructed, and are essentially art for the shoulder or wrist.

@Berengeria - I have no images to post, but the tea rose bags will only be worth it to you if you actually wear them. I have two tea rose, regular-sized Rogues, one in an apricot/salmony color with tea roses, and one in black with black and white snakeskin tea roses and black and white snakeskin handles. I have worn each of them only one time, because they are quite unique and special, and because I have not had occasion to wear them, or the time to consider planning an outfit around them. I get much more wear out of my much plainer, single-colored Rogues (in dark denim blue, a deep turquoise/teal kind of color with whipstitching, a more recent Regenerative leather one in black with brass hardware, a 25 in bright purple, and my older black Rogue shoulder bag), although, just thinking about my tea rose Rogues makes me want to plan an outfit around each of them, just for fun, to take each on an outing. I am quite attracted to the newer, monochrome tea rose offerings, which would likely be much easier to wear due to the lack of contrasting colors in their tea roses. (I hope I have not just talked myself into a purchase in responding to your inquiry. LOL.)

Good luck with your decision. The Coach Rogue bags with tea roses are unique, feminine, very well-constructed, and are essentially art for the shoulder or wrist.
You can't tease us with no pictures of your special bags, pretty please!
Personally I never liked the tea roses on the coach bags.

Reactions: Berengeria
I have had several tea rose Dinky bags over the years…I have owned most of the colors at one time or another. I am a huge tea rose fan. Most of mine you can see under which bag are you carrying or passenger seat threads.
Hi! I looked through several pages of 'what bag are you wearing' last night before posting this, but didn't come across any tea rose bags. There are SO many pages! lol! I guess now that I know there are some relevant pics in there somewhere, I can try again later when I have time to scroll around.

I didn't look in the passenger seat thread because I really want to see what they look like on people, with different types of outfits. I don't actually have a coach bag yet, so I have no personal experience of how they style. I have tried on the Rouge and felt that it was kind of boxy and stuck out way far from my body, which was too bad because I really love the way rouge looks on the shelf.

That said, I am LOVING the bright pink rouge they have out right now. Also loving the white one with top-handle, but that one does give me summer-party-dress vibes and I very rarely wear dresses. If I try to wear it with jeans or otherwise try to style it "down" I worry it will read country-western (which is NOT my style at ALL). The pink one though, I can imagine that one being more versatile since the color is so bold.

Hopefully others will be able to post some of their pics.

1718063316400.png1718063347024.png

I am feeling unusually opinionated this evening so I thought I'd pop in my two cents. Ha! Personally, if you're hesitating or feeling uncomfortable carrying this type of bag because it may not match your everyday style, then you probably should pass (or wait for a sale). It's been my personal experience that if I feel uncomfortable or on the fence about a bag, I tend not to reach for it. That said, I have several bags that have been customized with tea roses, and have recently purchased the all black tea rose rogue top handle. I also had a rogue 25 that was covered in tea roses, which was probably one of my most expensive bags at the time, and I rocked that sucker with jeans, a t-shirt and flip flops and if anything it elevated my look. I'm on the fence about the white top handle bag, but my only hesitation is about color transfer, as I wear jeans almost daily. That's the only thing stopping me from that one...for now 😉.
Good luck with your decision making...please let us know what you end up doing!

I am feeling unusually opinionated this evening so I thought I'd pop in my two cents. Ha! Personally, if you're hesitating or feeling uncomfortable carrying this type of bag because it may not match your everyday style, then you probably should pass (or wait for a sale). It's been my personal experience that if I feel uncomfortable or on the fence about a bag, I tend not to reach for it. That said, I have several bags that have been customized with tea roses, and have recently purchased the all black tea rose rogue top handle. I also had a rogue 25 that was covered in tea roses, which was probably one of my most expensive bags at the time, and I rocked that sucker with jeans, a t-shirt and flip flops and if anything it elevated my look. I'm on the fence about the white top handle bag, but my only hesitation is about color transfer, as I wear jeans almost daily. That's the only thing stopping me from that one...for now 😉.
Good luck with your decision making...please let us know what you end up doing!

This is good advice. I'm kind of transitioning my style from more youthful/fun to more mature/classic. I'm in my 50s and finding that some of the things that used to look cute on me now make me look older and/or like I don't know how to dress my age.

Strong florals are particularly tricky because at a certain age, they can look matronly or old fashioned rather than youthful. I suppose I'll have to wear an outfit to the store and see how it looks with the bag on me personally.

Reactions: Teagaggle
This is good advice. I'm kind of transitioning my style from more youthful/fun to more mature/classic. I'm in my 50s and finding that some of the things that used to look cute on me now make me look older and/or like I don't know how to dress my age.

Strong florals are particularly tricky because at a certain age, they can look matronly or old fashioned rather than youthful. I suppose I'll have to wear an outfit to the store and see how it looks with the bag on me personally.
Agree! I'm 53 & transitioning my wardrobe to more basic solid colors & less patterns. This has been easier now that I work from home 100% of the time.

Reactions: Berengeria
Agree! I'm 53 & transitioning my wardrobe to more basic solid colors & less patterns. This has been easier now that I work from home 100% of the time.
Yup yup, 52 here, but I have always dressed very simply and not "fashionably". I am of the mind that life is too short to be uncomfortable, so I always wear comfy clothes and shoes, and only what I like regardless of what is in style or trendy at the time. I've never cared about what anyone else thought of my "style", if you could call it that. I plan on picking up the black tea rose Rogue Top Handle after work today, and I will rock it with jeans and Hey Dudes. :smile: