Please share your thoughts on of patent sabrina and inlaid op art sabrina

butitigress

Oct 13, 2008
Mmmm...

If I had the money to spare, I'd definitely go for the inlaid op art. It's SUCH a beautiful bag with so much personality and color depth, and I love the braiding.

I do, however, still completely adore the new crinkle patent leather (which is actually in my price range) and I'll probably be buying myself one next week. So, you know. They're both really nice. So hard to choose! :smile:

alpine1972

Oct 11, 2006
I purchased the Inlaid OP Art online and returned it because it was different from the one pictured on the website. The leather part right above the brass rings is not actually leather but golden brass and I thought that made the bag look cheap. When I spoke to customer service I was told the one in the photo was a prototype.

I also wanted the Patent Large Sabrina but decided against it after trying it on in the boutique. It looked nice as a satchel but weird when carried as a shoulder bag because the handles were stiff and wouldn't fold down. The shoulder strap felt uncomfortable to me and wouldn't stay on my shoulder.

To answer your question: I wouldn't have either. I'll be getting a black large leather Sabrina now (maybe Steel as well) and will wait for Parchment and Grass (green). I wanted the Cherry one but after seeing actual pictures of the color I changed my mind.

karolyn

never2many
Oct 12, 2008
Wow, that was so great of you to share that info!
Funny you should mention the steel Sabrina, that is a color I am really attracted to, it seems like it would go with every thing but I have kind of been spooked about it after reading the posts on flaking and peeling on metallic bags.
Do you think since the Sabrina is supposedly treated leather it would be tougher than other metallic bags?
Oh and I must admit I really love the look of that Soho hobo in the dark purple...oh and I also got scared of the Ergo platinum framed pleated satchel for the same reason on the metallic leather even though I this k the shape is devine!
Are you getting the idea that I could have a Coach addiction?
Is there a 12 step program for it??? lol

Bella613

What the frell?
O.G.
Aug 22, 2008
I purchased the Inlaid OP Art online and returned it because it was different from the one pictured on the website. The leather part right above the brass rings is not actually leather but golden brass and I thought that made the bag look cheap. When I spoke to customer service I was told the one in the photo was a prototype.

Can I just say "Thank you, thank you , thank you!"
I think that's the one thing that really bothers me about this bag.

I SO wanted to fall in love with it, but I'm just not. Something was just a bit "off" with it, right? I can't put my finger on it.

I wanted the cherry, too. But, don't feel the color is what I'm looking for.

So, to the OP-- I guess I'd go with the Patent!! :supacool:

53baglady

Jun 6, 2007
I have the inlaid op art leather bag and think it is the nicest Coach bag I have ever had. I never liked the old heavy Legacy leather that scratched so easily. This bag is so versatile being both brown and black and smells great! I normally switch bags after 4 or 5 days but I have been carrying my inlaid op art for almost 3 weeks non stop! I like the brass trim and don't think it looks cheap at all. I looked at the patent Sabrina and think it is very thin although it does feel nice. I prefer the Botkier patent Sasha plus its on sale right now on their website.
The inlaid is a bag you won't see yourself coming and going in and that is important to me.

mary G

O.G.
Oct 14, 2007
I also have the op art leather inlaid sabrina its such a great bag! I have gotten so many compliments on it! and its so versitile. I do like the patent sabrinas also I guess it comes down to what you like more and would wear more of! but im telling you this bag goes with so much you dont have to worry what color you are wearing it goes with just about everything!

alpine1972

Oct 11, 2006
Can I just say "Thank you, thank you , thank you!"
I think that's the one thing that really bothers me about this bag.

I SO wanted to fall in love with it, but I'm just not. Something was just a bit "off" with it, right? I can't put my finger on it.

Well, I would have kept it but just couldn't stand that brass hardware, besides, I don't think it's right that they put up a photo of the bag looking a certain way but you get something else. They sent me a coupon for 30% off because of this but they haven't updated that pic on the website.

I've already decided on the Black and I'm thinking of the Steel too. If I like the Parchment and Grass, I'll get those as well.

coachmommyofmin

<3
O.G.
Oct 6, 2008
I haven't read anything but the question, so I m just gonna answer straigt ahead. I have the PATENT BLACK SABRINA, and I absolutely love it. I don'thave to feel bad when it rains, I don't have to worry when being out with my son, and she FEEELLLS SOOOOO SOFT AND SNUGGLY!!! I must say I had doubts when i first got her, because the metallic "spoke" to me very much, but my instincts told me that the patent one is the one for ME. It really grew on my.

I m afraid of owning an op art, because the material is very delicate and I can see it getting dirty even before buying :smile: That's me, I like it fancy but easy :smile: That's not always a good thing thou. Do you want the bag more for everyday or occasions?

One thing that talked me into getting the patent small black sabrina was the strap, its gorgeous and durable compared to the regular sabrina strap.

Suzzeee

O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
I had the patent Sabrina in the green (lg. size) but returned it - I'm not really a patent person and had originally wanted the regular leather one but that wasn't available on the last PCE so I got this one - the main reason I returned it though is that the leather is so think that everything you put in it bumps the bag out - any corners like of your wallet, etc. It just didn't feel like a $700 bag to me at all!