Please share your experience with Vache Liegee

I have a gold Vache Liegee Birkin (my first and only Birkin) and it is a really beautiful leather! I like the stiffness, sturdiness and durability of this leather because I can be a bit hard on my bags. It also seems to wear well and hold its shape (no slouching).

I took a couple of extra photos today. Taken indoors but with some sunlight coming through the window and not using flash on the camera. I put the ruler on the close-up as a reference for the grain size:

35cm Gold vache liegee Kelly

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• vlgoldkelly.jpg
    vlgoldkelly.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 238
  • vlgold.jpg
    vlgold.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 230
Reactions: lisatw
I have a 30 cm VL birkin in gold with ph. I've only had it for about 8 months, but find it wears very well. I don't baby my bags, and this one to seems to hold up just fine.

I just received my new 35cm Brique Birkin w/ palladium Hardware in VL. I love it! It is stiff, which after much trial and error, I now know I prefer. My fave leathers are box and VL--both very durable and classic. I like that between these two leathers, you get durability and I get variety with one smooth and the other textured. To me the colors in VL are more muted. For, example this brique looks like orange or potiron. That being said, I am now one over my Birkin limit.

Let me compress and then post pics.

I love VL--tried on a 37cm Rouge H Bolide in VL and really loved it--btw, Rouge H is almost unrecognizably dark in VL. I have also tried on VL in a Sellier Ebene Kelly, and it was just beautiful--very rich. Loved VL so much that I ordered one in a Black Kelly. The richness of the leather and texture make it extremely well-suited for more structured bags.

I just received my new 35cm Brique Birkin w/ palladium Hardware in VL. I love it! It is stiff, which after much trial and error, I now know I prefer. My fave leathers are box and VL--both very durable and classic. I like that between these two leathers, you get durability and I get variety with one smooth and the other textured. To me the colors in VL are more muted. For, example this brique looks like orange or potiron. That being said, I am now one over my Birkin limit.

oh no! I would love to see a pic of it though i'm afraid i'm not really in the market for one at this point.
please do post pics of your new birkin too.

I love VL--tried on a 37cm Rouge H Bolide in VL and really loved it--btw, Rouge H is almost unrecognizably dark in VL. I have also tried on VL in a Sellier Ebene Kelly, and it was just beautiful--very rich. Loved VL so much that I ordered one in a Black Kelly. The richness of the leather and texture make it extremely well-suited for more structured bags.

Congrats on your order, orchids! The black would be just gorgeous! I do like VL and have also tried on a sellier ebene Kelly, which was absolutely stunning! I think this leather works marvelously well in the sellier construction for Kellys.

Here are the pictures.

Attachments

• DSCN0471.jpg
    DSCN0471.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 194
  • DSCN0470.jpg
    DSCN0470.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 122