Please share the reasons to buy Chanel bags on Ebay?

monyetindo

Apr 27, 2008
I never buy any "designer-expensive-luxury" bags thru Ebay. :nogood:
I dont see any good reasons. :okay:
but, still wondering why alot of people being victims - still dare to buy on Ebay!

There are many reasons...

1) The bag is discontinued and can only be found on eBay
2) The bag is completely sold out in stores
3) Price - you can find used handbags for less than retail on eBay
4) Bags not available in your country can be found on eBay

still wondering why alot of people being victims - still dare to buy on Ebay!
I am not a big ebayer, but there are plenty of sellers with authentic merchandise - some of them are regulars on these forums.

Also, there are wonderful and very knowledgeable tPFers who volunteer their time on the Authenticate This threads to help prevent the members here from buying counterfeit merchandise.

So if you're looking for a bag that's sold out or vintage or just can't pay full retail price for a new bag, ebay is an option and by buying from trusted sellers and having bags authenticated here, you can easily avoid being a victim.

Here are some of my reasons: There are so many lovely vintage bags that simply cannot be found in the stores. I also like the patina that leather bags get over time - and am nowhere near having the patience to just wait! But I love antique furniture, too - time just gives many items a certain character.... Furthermore, I tend to fall in love with all those bags that are limited edition or discontinued (even those I didn't consider to buy before). Besides, isn't this great recycling to sell bags that are not used anymore rather than throw them away? :graucho:
I also agree with Smoothoprter's point that not everybody lives anywhere near designer stores! And others have disabilities that limit travelling... So many reasons, sorry for the long post!

I never buy any "designer-expensive-luxury" bags thru Ebay. :nogood:
I dont see any good reasons. :okay:
but, still wondering why alot of people being victims - still dare to buy on Ebay!

For all the reasons above.

I don't believe I am a "victim", as you put it, and even if you don't see any good reasons there are plenty of people who do.

I'm looking to buy a classic medium flap on eBay, it cost around $3000, and I'm so worried if its not real...

Wrenbird, when you find a bag your're seriously interested in,
bring the listing info here to the "Authenticate" thread and
those wonderful experts will examine it for you.
If there are not enough detailed photos to ascertain
authenticity, they will tell you so.
They are super helpful -- good luck!

Wrenbird, when you find a bag your're seriously interested in,
bring the listing info here to the "Authenticate" thread and
those wonderful experts will examine it for you.
If there are not enough detailed photos to ascertain
authenticity, they will tell you so.
They are super helpful -- good luck!

Thank you!! I just posted a link of the purse I wanted to buy, hopefully someone could tell me if it's real.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251022301205?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_756wt_922