Please send your prayers/good vibes to our little foster tomorrow

Bumping this thread... I was just looking around on Petfinder and look what I found. Of course I'm in tears reading this, as I had no idea they still had our little Sam ("Jake") up as a reminder for people to care for their pets.

RIP my sweet buddy.
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9468447

SC92.9468447-1-x.jpg

Dear TTucker,

I'm new in this forum and just finished reading this thread. This story is so unbelievable touching. You must know that you were Sam's angel. He was so lucky to meet you even if it lasted for such a short period of time. But he gave us a lesson too. Never get a pet unless you are ready for the responsibilities it brings with it. There are so many animals out there suffering because their owners were not ready. I have great respect for what you did for this little guy. Sweet Sam will smile now from heaven.

Thanks so much Kassandra... I know the thread is really long so I so appreciate you taking the time to "hear" Sam's story. It means a lot to me!

Thanks for the update, TT. :cry:

We still have that exact picture of Little Sam in a frame on our fireplace mantle next to Big Sam's ashes. :heart:

TTucker~ I just came on the this section of tpf because we are thinking of adopting another dog, one we found on Petfinders also. Your story is very touching and I couldn't stop reading this thread. I had to treat my "pound puppy" for heartworms too after I adopted her. She thankfully made it through OK, but she was less than a year old then. I'm sure it's much harder on a dog Sam's age. But you were truly his angel and he was able to spend his last months with alot of love and affection!!! It takes alot of strength to give that selflessly to another, as you did with Sam. You are truly an inspiration! Hugs to you!

shakti29, thank you so much for reading this thread, it's kind of like my testimony in a way. I so appreciate your kind words and am glad you are considering adopting another pup. T

To my precious ladies, Prada Psycho, boxermom, robynbenz and fatefullotus.... love you guys. Seriously. Thank you for being so sweet and keeping Sam and I both in your lives the way you have :love:

TT, thanks for your note. Sam will forever be in our hearts--PP had a precious Sam, and we did also. He was an older boy with cancer that no one wanted to take a chance on. He was the best dog we ever had. The courage your Sam showed is an inspiration--you are too!:heart: