Please sellers, give us a break!

Hurrem1001

O.G.
Mar 24, 2009
I live in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, a country that technically doesn't exist in the eyes of the world apart from Turkey. Every time I go onto EBay or Amazon or whatever site, I'm told the seller won't ship to me. I know it's not just my 'technically illegal country' either, but there's many countries that sellers just won't ship to. It's really depressing when you want something, and you can't get it shipped to you.
Or another pet peeve: I could have it shipped to my mothers in England, but the system will not allow you to use a CC on one address to be shipped to another address.
Please don't leave us out! Please!

Maybe if you asked your mother to purchase it for you and then reimbursed her?
Having different billing and shipping addresses is not a problem. But making a purchase from Cyprus with a billing address in Cyprus and a shipping address in the UK could raise suspicions of fraud.
And my address isn't actually Cyprus. my address is Turkey, even though I live in Cyprus, lol! Very confusing!

I am sorry you are suffering this problem. But as a seller, there are risks to consider and sellers are free to set restrictions to suit their own comfort level. I would also suggest you to ask your mum to buy it for you.
Of course you are free to set restrictions for your comfort, I totally understand. I'm just saying about my frustrations from a buyers point of view. Wish mum could buy for me, but she doesn't have a credit card!

Of course you are free to set restrictions for your comfort, I totally understand. I'm just saying about my frustrations from a buyers point of view. Wish mum could buy for me, but she doesn't have a credit card!
You don't have to have a credit card to buy from eBay. You can setup a PayPal account and fund it via your bank account. Some will take debit card too. And eBay will provide buyers protection.
Or use a forwarding company like others suggested.

You don't have to have a credit card to buy from eBay. You can setup a PayPal account and fund it via your bank account. Some will take debit card too. And eBay will provide buyers protection.
Or use a forwarding company like others suggested.
You can "send money" to your mother (friends and family) and there's no fee for your mother to receive. Your mother doesn't need a c.c. nor does she even need a paypal account. Once the money is in her account, it'll be her Paypal balance and she can buy the item and pay with her balance.