Please say hello to Max!

kimalee

Jul 30, 2007
I never really got a chance to share pictures of the dog I adopted about 2 months ago. His name is Max (previously known as Misiek) and I got him from my local animal rescue league. He is 2 years old. They told me that he is a chihuahua mix, and my vet thinks that he is part Tibetan spaniel. I ordered a dog DNA kit for him so we will know for sure in about a month!

He is my very first dog, and he is so much more than I ever could have imagined. I have always been a cat person (grew up with 4 of them) and I never thought I'd own a dog. It's actually all thanks to this forum and all the cuties posted here that changed my mind!

He has had 2 other owners before me who returned him because they claimed that he has "too much energy". However, his previous owners did not walk him, so that pretty much explains it! As a result, I make a huge point to walk him for an hour a day. He is doing great and we are learning a lot together. I still cannot believe that anyone in their right mind would ever give him up. Then again, if they hadn't, he would never have found his way to me!

I have learned so much from him already, and I truly feel that he is a blessing. He makes me so happy and calm and I instantly forget my worries when I see him. I never thought I'd say that about a dog, but he is just the sweetest thing and I feel so lucky to be able to take care of him.

Thanks for letting me share Max and thanks to all of you who share your sweet pets!

attachment.php

Attachments

• phpZ5F3TiPM.jpg
    phpZ5F3TiPM.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Max is adorable! Congrats on your new baby. One of my dogs was a bounce and I can't imagine ever giving her up. Max looks like he is very happy in his forever home.

Aaaw look at this cutie! Do you know his previous name means teddy bear in Polish? He is definitely looks as cuddly as a true teddy bear is;)

That's what my roommate tells me! (She is Polish.) She wanted to keep that as his name but I kept forgetting it lol, so I had to make it something simpler. :blush:
He is a cuddle bug though, so that name would have suited him perfectly...

Awwww, he's adorable. I have a rescue spanielX too. Can I ask if Max has hairy feet? My rescue mutt has like 2-3 inch tufts of hair growing between her paw pads - I'd love to know where she gets this. I've been toying with the idea of one of those DNA tests too. :smile:

Awwww, he's adorable. I have a rescue spanielX too. Can I ask if Max has hairy feet? My rescue mutt has like 2-3 inch tufts of hair growing between her paw pads - I'd love to know where she gets this. I've been toying with the idea of one of those DNA tests too. :smile:

He has tiny tufts of hair on his feet, but I don't think they're especially hairy. I can't wait to see what the DNA results are, bummer that it takes a whole month!