Please recommend me a bag

beehappy

Mar 2, 2010
I've been trying really hard recently to find the perfect bag for work this summer but I still haven't succeed. I know that people on this board are very experienced with bags, so I really want to ask for some suggestions. I appreciate any help!

Below are what I am looking for in this bag:

1. Because it is primarily for work, I want it to look very classy and professional. I also hope it would be a good fit for my age (early 20s).
2. Since I only have budget for one bag, I hope its style would go with anything I wear (at least go with all suits, dress shirts, heels, etc)
3. As for the size of the bag, I hope it can at least fit my laptop, wallet, and makeup bag. It would be even better if I can also fit an extra pair of flip-flops and umbrella without being excessively big.
4. As for the price of the bag, I hope that I can keep it under $1000. If the bag is particularly nice, I would be willing to pay up to $1500.

Thanks a millions for all input!

Weirdly enough, when reading your post, I'm thinking of a Tod's bag for you.

I kinda usually swear by Chanel...but seriously! Think about Tod's!

Everything you said makes me think this.

#1- yup. very professional, stylish but not too trendy. tailored.
#2- yup. versatile.
#3- yup. they are big.
#4- yup. some are under 1,000 on sale and the one I'm thinking for you (that I like too) is $1,400. I think worth it. (the Tod's D bag bauletto) Would last a long time too. And seasonless. !
And before anyone says these are too staid or whatever, the updated style is great!

You should definitely check it out.
I'm sure there are lots of options for you. GL!
But do check this out - worth it.

Let us know

I second grateful's recommendation on Tod's! Perfect workhorse, stylish and very professional looking - will give a stylish and polished look!

i'd go to a mall where there's a niemans, nordstroms, saks and bloomingdales and take a look...the only reason i've mentioned those stores is because of your price point...you could also take a look at some boutique stores like coach (which has some really great bags), ferragamo....good lucK!

BTW beehappy (love the name :smile:

I checked the Tod's subforum here... go there and go to "celebrities and Tod's" and you will see lots of pics of the bags I referred to. I was looking on pg. 3, there are diff. bags shown on Heidi Klum Julia Roberts, Madonna, etc etc

I agree with the Tod's suggestion and also suggest looking at Longchamp. I love a ton of other designers including Balenciaga, Chanel, Lanvin, Marni but keep coming back to Longchamp for workhorse bags. They can't be beat!
www.longchamp.com

Also check out the Lanvin Amalia tote (open top) - it's really soft and lightweight. It's stylish and the right size. My only hesitation in recommending this is I don't know how the straps will deal with the weight.
http://www.purseblog.com/totes/lanvin-amalia-quilted-cabas-tote.html

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions! It's been really helpful! I'll definitely look into the bags you guys mentioned above, especially Tod's, LongChamp and Mulberry. I really think those brands carry great style for work. I'll try to hit the stores in the next few weeks, so I can feel the bags in person and hopefully establish a connection ^^