Please reassure me: are the straps on an LV sturdy?

HisWifeTheirMom

It is what it is
Jun 19, 2009
Specifically the Delightful? I have the MM, haven't used it yet. This is going to sounds crazy, and for that I apologize. I put my things in it a few times at home to try it out. I work in law enforcement, so I tend to carry a certain metal object in my bag (in a holster, hope no one is offended) and it can weigh the bag down. I have never owned an LV before nor had a coated canvas bag before, only leather. The material is so lightweight, I am almost scared of it! Please reassure me that LV coated canvas is pretty durable and I won't ruin it with a somewhat heavy bag.

scaredycat

O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
I am not sure about the Delightful, but the Neverfull is designed to hold 200 lbs (apparently).
The NF has 2 skinny straps. I would think the Delightful with wider straps will be OK as well? Unless there is some physics behind the NF design that is making it capable of holding such a heavy load.

wigglytuff

Love & Hermes
O.G.
Aug 10, 2008
I don't know about the delightful, but I have the speedy 30, and Brooklyn pm and my wife has the beauborg and we both really stuff our bags! I have carried 4 bottles of wine in the speedy with no problem!

HisWifeTheirMom

It is what it is
Jun 19, 2009
I am not sure about the Delightful, but the Neverfull is designed to hold 200 lbs (apparently).
The NF has 2 skinny straps. I would think the Delightful with wider straps will be OK as well? Unless there is some physics behind the NF design that is making it capable of holding such a heavy load.

I was actually considering the NF but kind of afraid the straps will not be as comfortable. My bag isn't any heavier than it would be if you had a book in it. But still, probably heavier than what I see many women carry. But I have to say, the canvas feels so much better than the usual leather bags I am used to!

scaredycat

O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
I was actually considering the NF but kind of afraid the straps will not be as comfortable. My bag isn't any heavier than it would be if you had a book in it. But still, probably heavier than what I see many women carry. But I have to say, the canvas feels so much better than the usual leather bags I am used to!

That is my hesitation on the NF as well. I only use totes for travel and of course I tend to load them up. Kinda ironic that the bag is designed for heavy loading but is uncomfortable at that point.

I guess the Delightful owners can chime in on how heavy they load their bags and what are their experiences. I am curious to know as well because I am wishing/waiting for this bag to come out in Azur!

joyceluvsbags

Apr 1, 2010
I have the Delightful mm and I also carry a certain metal object I put it in the back pocket no problem. Also have used this bag as my carryon on my trip to LA from FL stuffed it with bottled waters 2 magazines a jacket, large wallet, a ton of makeup and my bag is still intact. So don't worry. I also have the NF and when I overstuff it it does hurt but this bag is built to hold alot due to the stitching that holds the handles. That's what I was told anyway!

HisWifeTheirMom

It is what it is
Jun 19, 2009
I have the Delightful mm and I also carry a certain metal object I put it in the back pocket no problem. Also have used this bag as my carryon on my trip to LA from FL stuffed it with bottled waters 2 magazines a jacket, large wallet, a ton of makeup and my bag is still intact. So don't worry. I also have the NF and when I overstuff it it does hurt but this bag is built to hold alot due to the stitching that holds the handles. That's what I was told anyway!

Thanks so much! DH and I are getting smaller, lighter off-duty pieces to carry soon, so I won't have to carry around this heavy thing for long but I just wanted to be sure that I wouldn't hurt my new baby!
Thank you! I feel so much better now!

joyceluvsbags

Apr 1, 2010
Thanks so much! DH and I are getting smaller, lighter off-duty pieces to carry soon, so I won't have to carry around this heavy thing for long but I just wanted to be sure that I wouldn't hurt my new baby!
Thank you! I feel so much better now!

Aww Im glad I was able to help. Yea don't worry the large strap helps alot. Mine is a micro desert eagle a little lighter that what you carry but don't worry it can take it. Canvas is really strong the only thing I would be concerned about in the future about 5 years or so with constant use would be the threading that holds the gold rings to the bag. Worst case that's am easy fix but again that's years away!

Jun 5, 2010

You girls that carry this certain metal object are so cool! :cool:

jxwilliams

O.G.
Mar 1, 2009
Hey, I am in law enforcement too and carried my gun (yes I said it, lol) in the neverfull with no problems! I used a base shaper to help it keep it's shape. My "piece" is literally a mini cannon but I am looking at getting something a lot smaller/lighter for off duty like a keltec so I can put the holster in the side pocket or clip the holster on the side pocket. I think the delightful would be a lot more comfy than the neverfull because the strap is a lot wider.

I have always preferred canvas over leather bags for carrying. I feel it's easier to conceal and I never worry about my gun damaging my canvas bag. I used a Burberry coated canvas bag before LV and it was great too.

HisWifeTheirMom

It is what it is
Jun 19, 2009
Thanks for your reply, Jxwlliams! I have only had leather bags before, which get to be so heavy. And honestly, now that I have my first LV, I seriously don't ever see myself going back!

I refrained from saying gun because I once conversed in a thread on another purse brand board and well, they quite literally freaked out that guns were being discussed and that we were ok with carrying them. I know many are very sensitive to the issue, but well, it is a way of life in my house and I am perfectly fine with it.

My Delightful feels just fine with it, although I have to say, my Beretta is not small or light. We are getting new off-dutys soon and those will be much, much lighter. I just wanted to make sure I didn't damage my new bag since I am a total canvas newbie.

Thanks for all the great and understanding responses! I really do appreciate it!