Please read! You may be poisoning your pet!

ARGH so frustrating to figure out what to feed pets anymore. I had gotten my sister's dogs some of these for Christmas. Thank you so much for posting this. I have avoided potentially hurting her dog.

My parents feed their Shelties and cat chicken treats but it's only very small amounts daily, i'll have to tell them. My dog only gets organic dog treats, she loves Newmans own organic dog treats.

thats it.. im just not going to give my furbaies anymore of this dog stuff..i cant take any chances of something happening to them...

besides b4 i would spend $10 on treats and now i get a fresh rotissaire chicken from the supermarket for $5 and feed them the meat they love it

so would the brand waggin train chicken jerky tender be the same? I have noticed ever since my parents started giving my dogs these treats they refuse to eat anything else but the treats. My shih-tzu has gotten very skinny but we didnt know why.
51KDTCMFH9L._AA280_.jpg

My dog loves this stuff! I too am wondering if this product is affected.

Chicken breasts are good for dogs but the cost can get pretty expensive. Though, we usually mix up dry dog food with peices of white chicken meat every now and then.

i only feed them the fresh chicken as a treat several times a day..then dry wellness dog food bc i agree it would be expensive..plus i think the dry food may be good for their teeth?

CRAP!!!!

My dogs each get one of these every night before bed.
CRAP CRAP CRAP.

I have been feeding them for like, a year. No, more than a year. @#$%^&*()_
First Willa, now this.......

I feel sick.

when the recalls were happening, I made sure the waggin train was still safe, thats why I continuted to give it...I hope this stuff is accurate, it pertains just to these...

Chicken-Jerky-Tenders.gif

Just now, I found this, about the waggin train brand...

http://sev.prnewswire.com/agriculture/20070821/LATU15521082007-1.html

and this

http://www.adipet.com/index.shtml

And this, from today...

http://www.adipet.com/Company/recallinfo.shtml

Reproduced here....

Waggin’ Train Brand Products

Proven SAFE over and over again.
Dear Concerned Pet Owner:
-- NONE of the Waggin’ Train Brand pet treats have been recalled --
Regarding our Chicken Jerky Tenders:
Waggin' Train Brand Chicken Jerky Tenders are completely safe and should not be confused with the other two brands of chicken jerky that are being pulled from Wal-mart’s shelves. We have NO association with the Pingyang Pet Product Co. or Shanghai Bestro Trading Co. nor do we purchase our ingredients from the same supplier.
As American joint-owners of the factories, ADI Pet is completely familiar with and confident in the exceptional quality-control protocols that we have in place for the processing of our Chicken Jerky Tenders and other Waggin’ Train Brand pet treats.
We travel to our factories on a regular basis and are intrinsically involved in all aspects of the manufacturing process.

Please be assured that we sell thousands of bags of this product each week and have never had a recall on our product. Over the past five years, approximately 50 million pounds of the Waggin’ Train Brand Chicken Jerky Tenders have been consumed (without incident) by thousands of dogs nationwide. Based upon this excellent track record, we truly regard this product as safe for pets of all sizes.

• All of the raw material that we use to make the Chicken Jerky Tenders is fresh, 100% premium chicken breast tenderloins and natural seasonings. Our "natural seasonings" are simply apple cider vinegar, sugar and salt.
• The Chicken Jerky Tenders contain no grain fillers, no wheat gluten and no rice protein additives. Nor do we use artificial preservatives, colorings nor flavorings of any kind.
• All Waggin’ Train Brand products are sterilized by irradiation, based upon USDA safe sterilization guidelines. The sterilization process eliminates the possibility of contamination by any potentially harmful microbes including E.coli and Salmonella.
• Because chicken is a regulated product, the USDA regularly pulls samples from incoming containers of product, for laboratory testing. We have never had a positive test for product contamination.
• Our facilities are regularly inspected by SGS, which is one of the largest international inspection companies in the world. Costco, Sam's Club and Wal-Mart contract with SGS, for inspections, to ensure that the products are being processed, based upon USDA processing guidelines.
Please be assured that when you give your pet Chicken Jerky Tenders, you are providing your pet with the highest quality chicken pet product that is available in the marketplace.
For more product information and to view our current Press Release and FAQ's, please go to our website:

AAAARGH!!!

Thank you so much for posting this warning, it is a definite reminder not to get complacent about anything we feed our pets or ourselves....