>>> PLEASE READ THIS: Some guidelines/tips on authentication <<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

eminere™

Au Masculin
Jan 9, 2008
Dear fellow Dior enthusiasts,

It is always our pleasure to help with your authentication requests; however, there have been various cases where such requests are not accompanied by basic requisite information. To that end, nataliam1976, LaMissy and I have agreed on the following guidelines and tips to streamline the authentication process. :idea:

Authentication guidelines/tips

1. All eBay authentication requests should be posted in this format:

Item name:
Item number:
Seller ID:
Direct URL link:

This format is adopted from the Hermès authentication thread. It is the most efficient way of making a request because:

(a) the item name immediately alerts the one of us with the most expertise to attend to that particular type of item,
(b) the inclusion of the item number facilitates a search of the thread for previous instances where it may already have been authenticated, and
(c) the seller ID is useful where we know of reputable resellers on eBay that sell only authentic items.

All authentication requests for other online resellers should be posted in this format:

Item name:
Online reseller name:
Direct URL link:

All authentication requests must be formatted in one of the above ways otherwise they may not be entertained.

2. Authentication can only happen when there are plenty of clear, closeup photos of the item, the more the better. In particular, items cannot be authenticated without clear, closeup photos of both sides of the inside leather tag for bags or, in the case of wallets and other small leather goods, the 'Christian Dior Paris' stamp on the inside as well as the production sequence stamp found behind one of the bill compartments or card slots.

In addition, photos of any relevant hardware should also be provided, the more the better. In the case of Gauchos, clear closeups of both sides of the coin medallion lying flat (not at an angle), the key and the buckles are needed. For Saddles, a straight-on frontal shot of the entire bag (not at an angle), clear closeups of both sides of the 'CD' links on the strap, and the dangling 'D' charm on the flap.

Sunglasses cannot be authenticated without clear closeups of the insides of both of the arms.

All photos should be taken in plenty of natural lighting (sunlight) without flash. Clear closeups may be obtained by using the macro mode (the icon of a flower) on a digital camera. Photos should not be resized below 800x600 resolution.

Authentication requests which comply with the formatting requirement in part 1 but which otherwise fail to include these photo requirements may not be entertained.

3. In most cases, unless there are dead giveaways and obvious red flags, jewellery cannot be authenticated, even with plenty of photos. This is to do with the nature of Dior jewellery. Please therefore understand that we may not be able to help you with a jewellery authentication request.

4. Patience is a virtue. Do not repost your request repeatedly just because another person's request has been attended to before yours. This may be because at the time there was no one with the requisite expertise to authenticate your item; this does not mean you are being ignored.

5. Courtesy is also a virtue. Please and thank-you are basic manners and good forum etiquette.

Please help us to help you. Thank you for reading! :smile:

Bump:

Members seeking authentication are kindly requested to please read this thread for posting guidelines. In particular, items cannot be authenticated without the requisite photos. Please take note of this.

Thank you. :flowers:

One note to add to point 2 regarding photos:

Photos must be large and clear. To this end, auctions with photos as small thumbnails are uncertain to authenticate, in the absence of dead giveaways. When asking for the requisite photos and posting them in the thread, do NOT resize them below 800x640 resolution. Photos below this resolution, especially if they are not clear closeups, are practically useless.

Thank you.

Christian Dior Clutch handbag or make-up bag

Measures: 6 5/8" length, 2 3/4" width, 5" height

inner label sewn in says: made in France
below reads: garanti Scotchgard (with an encircled R)

It was my mom's since I believe early 80's or earlier?? Can you tell what era? Also please fill me in on interior (feels like scotchgarded black leather)...however outer navy blue trim stitched all-around to hold foundation seems pleather-like? Here's one exactly on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Christi...rses?hash=item2555cd13bb&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

item number: 160353293243
user: brokenswordantiques ( 207pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/icon/iconTealStar_25x25.gif) 100%

Thank you very much for the help.

eminere™;8266616 said:
Dear fellow Dior enthusiasts,

It is always our pleasure to help with your authentication requests; however, there have been various cases where such requests are not accompanied by basic requisite information. To that end, nataliam1976, LaMissy and I have agreed on the following guidelines and tips to streamline the authentication process. :idea:

Authentication guidelines/tips

1. All eBay authentication requests should be posted in this format:

Item name:
Item number:
Seller ID:
Direct URL link:

This format is adopted from the Hermès authentication thread. It is the most efficient way of making a request because:

(a) the item name immediately alerts the one of us with the most expertise to attend to that particular type of item,
(b) the inclusion of the item number facilitates a search of the thread for previous instances where it may already have been authenticated, and
(c) the seller ID is useful where we know of reputable resellers on eBay that sell only authentic items.

All authentication requests for other online resellers should be posted in this format:

Item name:
Online reseller name:
Direct URL link:

All authentication requests must be formatted in one of the above ways otherwise they may not be entertained.

2. Authentication can only happen when there are plenty of clear, closeup photos of the item, the more the better. In particular, items cannot be authenticated without clear, closeup photos of both sides of the inside leather tag for bags or, in the case of wallets and other small leather goods, the 'Christian Dior Paris' stamp on the inside as well as the production sequence stamp found behind one of the bill compartments or card slots.

In addition, photos of any relevant hardware should also be provided, the more the better. In the case of Gauchos, clear closeups of both sides of the coin medallion lying flat (not at an angle), the key and the buckles are needed. For Saddles, a straight-on frontal shot of the entire bag (not at an angle), clear closeups of both sides of the 'CD' links on the strap, and the dangling 'D' charm on the flap.

Sunglasses cannot be authenticated without clear closeups of the insides of both of the arms.

All photos should be taken in plenty of natural lighting (sunlight) without flash. Clear closeups may be obtained by using the macro mode (the icon of a flower) on a digital camera. Photos should not be resized below 800x600 resolution.

Authentication requests which comply with the formatting requirement in part 1 but which otherwise fail to include these photo requirements may not be entertained.

3. In most cases, unless there are dead giveaways and obvious red flags, jewellery cannot be authenticated, even with plenty of photos. This is to do with the nature of Dior jewellery. Please therefore understand that we may not be able to help you with a jewellery authentication request.

4. Patience is a virtue. Do not repost your request repeatedly just because another person's request has been attended to before yours. This may be because at the time there was no one with the requisite expertise to authenticate your item; this does not mean you are being ignored.

5. Courtesy is also a virtue. Please and thank-you are basic manners and good forum etiquette.

Please help us to help you. Thank you for reading! :smile:

Thank you . . .

Hello!

I would love to know the name, season and original store price of the Dior bag I just purchased from a high-end secondhand store! It is my first big purchase like this and I'm thrilled to know more.

It is military green with an almost satin-y finish, there are black nylon straps that run across it with "Dior" on it, and its most defining feature is is the big sparkly rhinestone clasp on one of the straps.

The serial number is bob 0073.

I will try to attach some pics.

Thank you!
Pianoerin

Attachments

• purse.JPG
    purse.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,615
Hello There-
I spotted this bag and determined it was fake. The tag says it all. Also if you look close it is spelled "Christino Dior". I notified the buyer and let her know kindly that it was fake and I hope that she didn't pay a lot for it.

She was devastated and said she bought it off of ebay for 800 dollars and says she has a lot of dior bags and wants to know if they are fake as well.
I told her to send me pictures of the labels front and back and photos of the bag as well.

While I am by no means an expert I do own a few Dior bags (all authentic) and generally know how to spot a fake. Through my own research and the help of the experts on the purse forum I have learned a lot.

Anyway I didn't want her to just take my word for it so I am sending it to you so she can have further verification. I thought maybe she was lying but she seems sincere and completely upset that she has unwittingly purchased fakes.

I told her to remove her listing before she gets reported. If you want someone else can email her and let her know its fake as well. Many Thanks! Info below:

Item name: AUTH CHRISTIAN DIOR SADDLE Handbag Purse *RARE*
Item number: 230418025247
Seller ID: katherinen68
Direct URL link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230418025247&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Status
Not open for further replies.