Please read this article...IS THIS YOU?????

I have my own money and my own CC's....and sill my DH gets :wtf: :wtf: at me. When I'm on the phone with an SA, he asks "what are you buying now?" :blink: You won't even want to know his face when he found out I bought 5 Chanel bags this month :sweatdrop:
I was totally :busted

i am having 2 chanel bags coming this week, and my bf was begging me to tell him the price, and i just couldn't lie about it, since it's so easy to ring up any stores to ask about the price! so..there i go, telling hiim the 1500 range and he eyes were popping out ! isn't that sad ? and plus he isn't even paying for it :sad:

this is a source of much distress for me! my hubby and i were just married last august, and since last december, i've had a 'secret' bank account, and i use the debit card for all of the purchases he wouldn't approve of. billing address is my office of course, so he has no idea. but i'm terrified he's going to find out! oof, it's good to vent :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: !
vipstyle, i like your idea of putting together a list w/ values in case something happens. i always tell him where i keep my engagement ring in case anything should happen to me (like if i go out to walk the dog late at night), and he thinks i am SO morbid!

and he thinks i am SO morbid!
My Husband says the same thing to me.. but it's reality I told him..I said YOU NEED to know these things just in case..and his words are..I'll be dead before you so I don't want to know...so with this said...My sister lives by me so I told her where everything is and HOW the bills get paid so IF I WAS to die she would take care of it all and she knows where the list is for my bags & jewelry and what to get for it..

i am having 2 chanel bags coming this week, and my bf was begging me to tell him the price, and i just couldn't lie about it, since it's so easy to ring up any stores to ask about the price! so..there i go, telling hiim the 1500 range and he eyes were popping out ! isn't that sad ? and plus he isn't even paying for it :sad:
gosh i am still hidding all my goodies deep in my closet! I can totally imagine family's face should they found out how much i spend on bag(but it's better this than drinks/pots people my age blow off of!).....Ebay's been my good friend, in my house, every NM, Saks, Lv, Chanel are all from Ebay lol;)

I handle all of our money. I agree, if I died he wouldn't even know where to find the check books. I guess it's a good idea to find someone to take care of your stock when you pass on. I would hate for my sister to come in and just take them all. I think after some quick mourning, that is what she would do. It's just too tempting.

I know my husband also purchases and hides stuff from me. He is into cigars and has so many that he can't fit them all in his walk in closet. I don't say anything, so hopefully he would never say anything to me about my little addiction.

L

My bf is into electronics and he knows about my addiction. He brings up the argument about UTILITY between bags vs. electronics. I admit though, I do love watching my movies on his bigass 52" HDTV. But utility is relative. I see utility as something I'll always want to wear whether I'm 23 or 43.

i would have to say that men generally don't understand the "needs" that women have...how many men fret over accessories? how many of YOU have to dress your hubbies/so's? my husband was fitted at a clothier for business attire(suits, etc) 18 months ago. i was hugely pg with #5. it took about 4 hours for the tailor to measure, the image consultant to help him/us decide, and two of my sons to run amok in the store...the bill was 3000 for 2 suits and all the trimmings(ties were 150 plus a piece) i was actually THRILLED because then my hubby got a taste of what things cost. he's a total t-shirt, sweatpants guy at home. i quit spending lots of money on clothes for him cuz he doesn't care. we just had two more children in our 40's so the babies get lots of cute stuff. guess what? it all costs money. i have "hidden" bills from dh-but eventually it all comes out and i tell him if he could do a better job with the funds, go for it(he can't and knows it!) my gorgeous chanel bag and wallet i received for christmas(my first chanels) were well earned-he says so too

shop on sisters! we are keeping the economy alive;)

I tried hiding and got busted. It doesn't help that my DH knows exactly whats in my closet. I blame it on my MIL because she loves chanel he knows everything about brands. But he's okay w/purchases just told me to control myself this year! Since he said I got 18 bags in the last 6 months.