PLEASE READ!!! BlueFly sold FAKE gucci!

Please, dont buy there!!!!!!! Bluefly has just sent me a totally fake Tod´s bag (mini 24h shopping bag). It is amazing, the bag is not even made of leather; I have sent a lot of emails and NO answers so far. Since I live in Barcelona I have ordered through MYUS (a postal service company), and do not want to think how difficult will be to recover my money. It is a shame and I regret to not had checked this website before.

Unfortunately, I can sadly confirm that they do sell fakes. I don't believe they do it intentionally (at least I hope not). But they are not authorized dealers from the brands. They clearly indicate this on their website. They "sometimes" get items direct from the designers "but rather may have been purchased from reputable resellers at a discount." I believe that is why fakes can end up being sold. Perhaps Bluefly does not properly authenticate every item they acquire and then sell.

I have been a long time customer from Bluefly for years. I usually purchase Prada and Gucci handbags. I have never had any doubt if the items I received were authentic. Since I "believed" they were a reputable company and a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange, I never even thought that I should inspect the handbags for authenticity.

I purchased a Gucci Sukey Boston bag back in March 2011 and when I received it, the zipper was very difficult to use. It kept getting stuck, but I didn't even suspect it was a fake. I just thought it was just a poor zipper. I continued to use the bag, then in June, when I was zipping up the bag, one of the gold zipper ends came off. I was surprised by this since It had only been less than 3 months since I started using the bag. Also, since I had already removed the security tag, I thought it was too late to return it. I crazy glued it back on and continued to use the bag. I did find it odd that the Guzzi hardware on a genuine bag would fall off. This has NEVER happened before, but I have seen it happen to friends who have purchased knock offs. The week later, the OTHER zipper end fell off. This was when the thought briefly crossed my mind... "could I possible have been shipped an UNauthentic bag from bluefly?". I again crazy glued the hardware back on, thinking that I must have received a bag with a faulty zipper.

This last week, I noticed that the fabric where the zipper attaches to the bag is fraying and has ripped. At this point, I had every reason to believe that this bag was a fake. I have had some Gucci handbags for over 10 years and never once have any hardware fallen off, nor have any of the zippers ripped. If this was a fake, it was a very very good fake. The material felt genuine, but obviously the quality of the zipper and the hardware was not the same quality as a genuine bag since it didn't withstand the test of time.

Needless to say, I called Bluefly immediately. I have lost all faith in Bluefly, I spend over $15,000 with blue fly ever year and now that I have every reason to believe that they sold me a fake bag, I have lost confidence in every purchasing from them again. I am not sure I will be able to get a refund, but my main reason for the call was so that they are made aware of this situation. Perhaps they have received other complaints from people who have purchased this Gucci purse and they can trace it back to a particular vender. Selling a fake purchase reflects poorly on Bluefly. As I said earlier, I want to believe that this was an isolated incident. I am still waiting to hear back from a Manager to let me know if I can get a full refund on the purse.

I lodged my complaint 2 days ago and am still waiting to hear back. I decided to do a google search to see if I could find out more information, and to my surprise, found this site. After reading the forums and this particular thread, I now wonder if the bag I received in March was a "known" fake purse that Bluefly had gotten back as a return.

I am not sure if my trust in Bluefly will ever be restored, but I wanted to share my experience with others. Just in case there are other people like myself who never thought they could receive a fake purse from Bluefly, if there is something faulty with your purchases, it could definitely be fake!

Unfortunately, I can sadly confirm that they do sell fakes. I don't believe they do it intentionally (at least I hope not). But they are not authorized dealers from the brands. They clearly indicate this on their website. They "sometimes" get items direct from the designers "but rather may have been purchased from reputable resellers at a discount." I believe that is why fakes can end up being sold. Perhaps Bluefly does not properly authenticate every item they acquire and then sell.

I have been a long time customer from Bluefly for years. I usually purchase Prada and Gucci handbags. I have never had any doubt if the items I received were authentic. Since I "believed" they were a reputable company and a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange, I never even thought that I should inspect the handbags for authenticity.

I purchased a Gucci Sukey Boston bag back in March 2011 and when I received it, the zipper was very difficult to use. It kept getting stuck, but I didn't even suspect it was a fake. I just thought it was just a poor zipper. I continued to use the bag, then in June, when I was zipping up the bag, one of the gold zipper ends came off. I was surprised by this since It had only been less than 3 months since I started using the bag. Also, since I had already removed the security tag, I thought it was too late to return it. I crazy glued it back on and continued to use the bag. I did find it odd that the Guzzi hardware on a genuine bag would fall off. This has NEVER happened before, but I have seen it happen to friends who have purchased knock offs. The week later, the OTHER zipper end fell off. This was when the thought briefly crossed my mind... "could I possible have been shipped an UNauthentic bag from bluefly?". I again crazy glued the hardware back on, thinking that I must have received a bag with a faulty zipper.

This last week, I noticed that the fabric where the zipper attaches to the bag is fraying and has ripped. At this point, I had every reason to believe that this bag was a fake. I have had some Gucci handbags for over 10 years and never once have any hardware fallen off, nor have any of the zippers ripped. If this was a fake, it was a very very good fake. The material felt genuine, but obviously the quality of the zipper and the hardware was not the same quality as a genuine bag since it didn't withstand the test of time.

Needless to say, I called Bluefly immediately. I have lost all faith in Bluefly, I spend over $15,000 with blue fly ever year and now that I have every reason to believe that they sold me a fake bag, I have lost confidence in every purchasing from them again. I am not sure I will be able to get a refund, but my main reason for the call was so that they are made aware of this situation. Perhaps they have received other complaints from people who have purchased this Gucci purse and they can trace it back to a particular vender. Selling a fake purchase reflects poorly on Bluefly. As I said earlier, I want to believe that this was an isolated incident. I am still waiting to hear back from a Manager to let me know if I can get a full refund on the purse.

I lodged my complaint 2 days ago and am still waiting to hear back. I decided to do a google search to see if I could find out more information, and to my surprise, found this site. After reading the forums and this particular thread, I now wonder if the bag I received in March was a "known" fake purse that Bluefly had gotten back as a return.

I am not sure if my trust in Bluefly will ever be restored, but I wanted to share my experience with others. Just in case there are other people like myself who never thought they could receive a fake purse from Bluefly, if there is something faulty with your purchases, it could definitely be fake!

Welcome to you, so sorry this happened to you.

The bag that Bluefly sent you was:

1. Not authentic - that is illegal and fraudulent and not what you paid for

2. Sub-standard - a thing that is sold as a bag but is not usable as a bag is NOT a bag

3. Due to the many returns Blufly is completely aware of points 1 & 2 and neither is time sensitive. The law must be on your side and should not be the decision (whim) of any Bluefly employee. You sound very sad, I would be too but you should be livid that they did do a mass recall of all Sukeys sold at that time.

The best of luck to you in is matter and please enjoy joining in the rest of the fun at the Gucci subforum, we also love our Gucci here :P

Welcome! I'm glad you were able to find this forum and unfortunately not under better circumstances. Just because you have used the bag for a few months now does not mean that you cannot ask for your money back from Bluefly. From January to March, they were heavily selling lots of fake Gucci products and they were very aware of the fake goods they were peddling with so many people here informing them. I believe someone here received a fake sukey all the way back in the summer of 2010 and still received a refund in Jan/Feb. Fight to get back your money - it's not even a defective item, it's a FAKE. I have a sukey boston from May 2009 and it goes through heavy bag rotation and I still have no problems with the zipper, leather or fabric.

Thanks everyone, I agree that I deserve to get a full refund. I have several other genuine Gucci's that have been heavily used and NONE of them have ever had any defects! Not even a lose string! I now have no doubt that the bag I received from Bluefly is a fake and I am demanding my money back.

This has been very disappointing as I have always had confidence knowing that anything I purchase from Bluefly was authentic. It is disheartening to know that I can no longer trust them for some of my favourite brand names. Very sad indeed.....

This is so sad. Welcome to TPF charliebrown22! I would have thought this matter would have been resolved with Bluefly by now and am very disappointed to learn yet another case of fraud has happened! Upon the first sign of learning they were getting counterfeit bags they should have put a halt to the matter but they didn't. Please pursue this matter and get it resolved!

I wish you luck!

I got one of the fake Gucci sukey hobos from Bluefly. They gave me a full refund, but never admitted it was a fake. I don't shop on Bluefly anymore, for Gucci or anything else. :nono:

I'm glad I saw this... I would go to Bluefly to buy some clothing (fortunately never kept any as they didn't fit me or looked unflattering so I end up returning them), but now I won't go there to look at clothing again after this thread. Thanks so much for making this thread! The prices of the clothing on Bluefly are expensive too!