PLEASE READ!!! BlueFly sold FAKE gucci!

iadmireyoo

O.G.
Sep 29, 2009
PLEASE READ!!!
Regarding BlueFly
I am one of the Gucci authenticators. I came across a member (BellaDiva79) who requested an authentication for a Gucci Sukey Black Canvas Shoulder Bag she had purchased on BlueFly. The problem was that she tried to resell the bag on ebay, but a buyer said the bag looked fake. So she had it authenticated by me and JessieRose, who BOTH agreed it looked fake. To be 1000% sure, we encouraged her to have it run through Castira.com. The results was that the Sukey is confirmed FAKE. ANOTHER member (ChiChi143) who owned the same bag, was also concerned after viewing the posts and therefore, posted pics that were identical to the other member's pics. Again, me and JessieRose both agreed it looked fake. ChiChi143 too, ran it through Castira.com and is also confirmed FAKE.
I come to you today to inform/warn ANYONE who has purchased particularly the Sukey (or any Gucci handbag) from BlueFly.com. If you are concerned, PLEASE have your Gucci handbag run through AUTHENTICATE THIS GUCCI.

WHAT TO DO
1. Run you bag through THE PURSE FORUM FIRST (link provided above)
2. If handbag doesn't look good or is classified FAKE, run through Castira.com to obtain formal letter for proof.
3. File dispute with credit card company/bank.
4. REPORT to Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). link: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

:help:PLEASE HELP ME TO HELP OTHERS BY REPORTING THIS ISSUE TO THE INTERNET CRIME COMPLAINT CENTER!!!
because BlueFly is NOT cooperating with the two victims and denies any fake products being sold. THIS NEEDS TO COME TO AN END!

If there is anything else you need help on, like how to file a dispute, feel free to respond or PM me.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!:ty:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I got a phone call from the corporate office in NYC. I was told that I can return the bag to their corporate office with no questions asked and will get a full refund including the cost for shipping it back to them. I also opened up a claim with my cc company and was told to keep the claim open until I do get the full refund from Bluefly.

I find it strange that when I called this morning I was told that everything Bluefly sells is authentic and nothing can be done because I took the security tag off so there's no proof it's the same bag they sent. Now all the sudden I can return the bag for a full refund with no problems.

I will keep everyone updated as to when/if I do get my money back. For everyone else that got a fake...make sure you call Bluefly and tell them about this. If they refuse to do anything have the manager call you! Good luck!

Last edited:
email between me and tira from Castira.com:

Dear Maria,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Yes, I did authenticate a
couple sukeys today that looked the same. Bluefly is a reputable site,
although, I know that have had a couple of issues in the past where they've
received a "bad shipment". They were usually quick to rectify the
situation, and hopefully, will do the same in this case.

Regards,
Tira
www.castira.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2011 3:54 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: www.castira.com: bluefly

This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.castira.com/ from:
Maria <[email protected]>

hello Tira,
you might remember me since ive requested a few authentications from you in the past. the reason i am contacting you is because i am one of the gucci authenticators on the purse forum and ive come accross 2 women in particular with sukeys. ive classified BOTH bags as fake and sent them to you just to be 1000% sure. both were purchased from bluefly, which is known to be very legit. since you yourself classified BOTH sukeys as fake, im letting you know that ill be starting a new thread in the purse forum to inform/warn
others who also purchased particularly the gucci sukey black canvas. in that
thread i will be conduct authentications before i send them off to you. just
letting you know that im sure you will be recieving a high volume of reqeusts for authentications of purses purchased from bluefly. thanks for your time.

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.449 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3363 - Release Date: 01/06/11
07:34:00

This is very disconcerting....I have bought virtually ALL my Gucci from Bluefly and now I am anxious to get them authenticated. I just bought a black canvas Sukey medium top handle.

I'm so sorry some members went through this. I hope many members will check this thread. If they bought the questioning Sukeys, I hope they will receive refund smoothly.

I think their suppliers provided the fakes to them. I have read that Saks Off 5th carried fake Fendis several years ago and Bal's super fakes fiasco last year at supposedly reputable online sellers. They were provided the fakes by their suppliers.

I have read so many horror stories like fake returns at department stores on here. So, when I buy a bag from a retailer, not from their own boutiques, I always ask TPF's members help to authenticate it.

At least Bluefly seems to take responsibility about this case. I hope they will contact all buyers that bought fakes from them to refund them.

This has me quite curious as I ordered from them recently as well.I know the top set of numbers refer to the bags style, can someone inform me as to what the lower set of numbers are referencing.

Last edited:
Sadly I'm not surprised. They have a record of selling fakes for years and had a huge debacle a few years ago where they were sending out fake Balenciaga's by the boatload. I know there was at least one other brand they were selling fakes of as well but I can't recall off the top of my head (I want to say it was BV though)

Unfortunately this kind of thing can happen. Usually someone buys a real bag and then returns a fake one, and it isn't caught. It happens with ALL brands, not just Gucci. And it happens with major department stores like Saks and NM, too.

Everyone should check all their merchandise when buying just to be sure.

I dont think this is a case of bait and switch even if so, that so called security tag isn't enough. You could just glue that onto something else. When I recieved my bag the tag was hanging off already.

Last edited:
This has me quite curious as I ordered from them recently as well.I know the top set of numbers refer to the bags style, can someone inform me as to what the lower set of numbers are referencing.

top: model/style number
bottom: serial number

id run your bags through authentication just to be sure:smile:

Unfortunately this kind of thing can happen. Usually someone buys a real bag and then returns a fake one, and it isn't caught. It happens with ALL brands, not just Gucci. And it happens with major department stores like Saks and NM, too.

Everyone should check all their merchandise when buying just to be sure.

oh, im sure this happens! but in this case, i highly doubt it because both members posted their OWN pics of the serial tag/number and it was identical. both were run through castira and both were confirmed fake. in the third post above, a copy of one of my emails with Tira, she even stated that BlueFly has received one of these "bad shipments" in the past. the suppliers are at fault in this situation.

This is so sad! :sad::crybaby: My heart breaks for everyone who got ripped off. I hope you get every penny refunded. So scary! I always thought of Bluefly as a quality concern and am having trouble with this. Is it at all possible those bags were returned and Bluefly was scammed? In any event, I hope this is rectified ASAP!!

Bluefly was not scammed, just their customers. They likely got a deal from who knows where and went ahead and sold the bags without confirming they were authentic so they could claim ignorance. It's not the first time they've sold fakes and I know it won't be the last, in fact I wonder how long till those bags are back up on the site?? Bluefly is well known for selling fakes repeatedly across the board and for years so much so that it's a common business practice for them. I won't buy bags or even designer accessories from them because likely they will be counterfeit. I would check everything you've bought from them ladies, not just your Sukeys.