Please rate the condition on this bag

DimpleGirl

It's never enough
O.G.
Oct 5, 2007
Hi everyone,

I've recently sold a Chanel patent classic flap on ebay. The buyer contacted me because she claimed the bag is not as described and the bag is very used. I described the condition of the bag on the listing as "Condition: Gently used. In excellent condition. There are scratches/indentations on the interior flap caused by zipper and chain straps. " and also included a picture showing the scratches on the flap on the listing. However, she wanted a refund so I accepted the return because I didn't want to waste time fighting when knowing 99.9% chance that I won't win.
I don't do a lot of selling on ebay and if I do, it's only from my personal collection. I always try to describe the condition at its best because I don't want to deal with situations like this. This is the first time this happen to me. Can you ladies and gents give me some opinions on the condition of the bag? Am I wrong to say that the bag is in excellent condition?
This is how the buyer described the condition of my bag "This is patent leather, usually it won't show used, but this one show lots wear and wrinkle, specially under day light...the inside flap also little off shape, it because heavy use the packet in the back. Lots scratchs on the flap also." Is the inside flap really off shape? Are there wrinkles that I'm missing? Chanel made the sides like that...I hardly used the bag.
Anyways, thanks for letting rant and any opinion is appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• $_57 (5).jpg
    $_57 (5).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_1494.JPG
    IMG_1494.JPG
    344.8 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_1496.JPG
    IMG_1496.JPG
    240.8 KB · Views: 310
  • $_57 (1).jpg
    $_57 (1).jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 301
  • $_57 (2).jpg
    $_57 (2).jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 303
  • $_57 (3).jpg
    $_57 (3).jpg
    127 KB · Views: 303
  • $_57 (6).jpg
    $_57 (6).jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 304
  • $_57 (7).JPG
    $_57 (7).JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 304
I don't have any experience of these bags but looking at the pics and your description I would say you listed it honestly.
Im my opinion it's in excellent condition and if I had purchased it I would have been happy :smile:

I'm not familiar with Chanel so I don't know what's considered "normal," but I have a couple of comments and questions.

1. Are those the pictures that were in the listing?
2. In pictures 5 and 6, the corner appears separated and torn in #5 and the bottom looks badly scuffed in #6. You say you described the bag as "Gently used. In excellent condition. There are scratches/indentations on the interior flap caused by zipper and chain straps. " Was there any mention of that corner?

I don't mean to be insulting but if the condition of the corner is as it appears, I don't consider that to be "gently" used nor "excellent condition."

I wouldn't say its in excellent condition. Maybe good condition+one corner in a bad shape. "Excellent" is a bit too much for this bag. IMHO.
but i think bayer should better look at the pictures, not description.. everybody have different opinion about what is the "good condition", "excellent condition" etc

I'm not familiar with Chanel so I don't know what's considered "normal," but I have a couple of comments and questions.

1. Are those the pictures that were in the listing?
2. In pictures 5 and 6, the corner appears separated and torn in #5 and the bottom looks badly scuffed in #6. You say you described the bag as "Gently used. In excellent condition. There are scratches/indentations on the interior flap caused by zipper and chain straps. " Was there any mention of that corner?

I don't mean to be insulting but if the condition of the corner is as it appears, I don't consider that to be "gently" used nor "excellent condition."

I wouldn't say its in excellent condition. Maybe good condition+one corner in a bad shape. "Excellent" is a bit too much for this bag. IMHO.
but i think bayer should better look at the pictures, not description.. everybody have different opinion about what is the "good condition", "excellent condition" etc

I wasn't sure about the corner,I thought it was just the angle and the light reflecting off the patent leather?

Thank you for your opinion. Actually, there isn't any wear or tear on the corner. Maybe it appears like that from the light reflection? But absolutely no wears on any of the corner. Maybe the pictures below show clearer shape of the corner? The corners are not separated...that's how chanel bag is. There is definitely no scuffing on the corners either. If I lied about that, I'm sure the buyer would have mentioned about it already. The description above is honestly all the buyer complained about the bag. Maybe it's hard to take pictures of patent. Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_1500.JPG
    IMG_1500.JPG
    276.8 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
It appears the bag was not stored stuffed, but rather flattened? Those creases on the side are not "excellent".

I would have described it as used, very good condition - but then it is always better to understate and let the buyer be happier with a much nicer appearance than stated.

Try to take pictures in daylight if you relist it - that way the reflection will not hide any creases.

It appears the bag was not stored stuffed, but rather flattened? Those creases on the side are not "excellent".

I would have described it as used, very good condition - but then it is always better to understate and let the buyer be happier with a much nicer appearance than stated.

Try to take pictures in daylight if you relist it - that way the reflection will not hide any creases.

The bag was stored standing up with stuffing inside and chain tucked in. That's how I stored all of my chanel flaps. Chanel made the creases on the side like that. That's the nature of the bag...they were there since day 1. Thanks for your opinion :smile:

This Chanel bag is not in excellent condition, IMO..

It does show very typical wear of a Chanel bag (scratches & chain markings)

The left side of the front flap has indentations that look deep. (it could also be the
light reflecting as well)

I'd described this bag as well enjoyed

Thank you for your opinion. Actually, there isn't any wear or tear on the corner. Maybe it appears like that from the light reflection? But absolutely no wears on any of the corner. Maybe the pictures below show clearer shape of the corner? The corners are not separated...that's how chanel bag is. There is definitely no scuffing on the corners either. If I lied about that, I'm sure the buyer would have mentioned about it already. The description above is honestly all the buyer complained about the bag. Maybe it's hard to take pictures of patent. Thanks again!

if nothing wrong with this corner (wow, light can make such big difference!) i would say its in very good condition. When you say "excellent" people expect everything perfect.. but nothing perfect, maybe only new bags..

Lighting really tough with patent. I think the buyer just wanted to return the bag in my opinion. I send an email after my LV and Chanel sales to let the buyer know they may return within 3 days of delivery in same condition, unworn etc. I think the bag is beautiful and maybe, just maybe, you are meant to keep this beauty:smile: