Please pray for my cat

Thanks so much for all your prayers and words of encouragement! I talked to the vet at the emergency hospital and was told that Mocha is stable and they are weaning him off the oxygen. As soon as he can take oral medicine (tomorrow or POSSIBLY today) he will be able to come home!:yahoo:

We will run tests next week to find out more about his heart. Apparently he has feline cardiomyopathy and his prognosis depends on which type he has. The vet feels that he is in the early stages since the heart wasn't enlarged on his pre-op x-ray. I suppose if you try to find a silver lining in all of this, the fact that this happened the way it did was a GOOD thing. With his condition, a heart attack or a blood clot was inevitable... we are just very lucky that the vet was there to perform CPR and that we were made aware of his heart condition. Hopefully we will be able to manage it with medication....

But I'm getting ahead of myself! I'm just so glad that he is OK for now!!!!:sweatdrop:

Good to hear! Hope he recovers 100%!

But I'm getting ahead of myself! I'm just so glad that he is OK for now!!!!:sweatdrop:

that's exactly right, hautemom -- going through a pet medical nightmare myself i can say for sure that the only way to do it is one step at a time.

so sorry you (and he) are having to go through this -- it's just so tough when they're not well. i hope he gets to go home today, and i hope everything turns out the very best for you! hang in there.