Please, Please, Please HELP!

SarahZ123

Aug 15, 2020
Ok , I've been scouring the Internet for weeks looking for information on THE WEIGHT of Luxury Handbags. I cannot find ANYTHING! I have also been on Youtube. Its amazing, so many handbag videos, but not 1 talking about how much these Designer Handbags weigh???

This is such a huge issue, many people need to know this info, I'm so confused why for the life of me I cannot find out this information. I have arthritis in my spine so its imperative I only wear a handbag under 2 pounds.

If anyone knows of lightweight Designer (LV, Fendi, YSL,Gucci, etc) handbags, under 2lbs please please let me know. I would be very very grateful! :smile:

Reactions: cczh
I’m not sure about premier designers, but check out Van Holzenhausen- they’re technical leather, vegan and super light. Also Massaccesi handbags in merino leather tend to be very light.

And Goyard St. Louis or Artois, now that I think about it.

• Love
Reactions: SarahZ123
Ok , I've been scouring the Internet for weeks looking for information on THE WEIGHT of Luxury Handbags. I cannot find ANYTHING! I have also been on Youtube. Its amazing, so many handbag videos, but not 1 talking about how much these Designer Handbags weigh???

This is such a huge issue, many people need to know this info, I'm so confused why for the life of me I cannot find out this information. I have arthritis in my spine so its imperative I only wear a handbag under 2 pounds.

If anyone knows of lightweight Designer (LV, Fendi, YSL,Gucci, etc) handbags, under 2lbs please please let me know. I would be very very grateful! :smile:
You haven’t mentioned what size bag you’re looking for, that will make a difference weight-wise. There are light weight leathers out there. Hardware too will add weight. Don’t know what you’re looking for style-wise, Longchamp Le Cuir bags are very light. Some (not all) of my Balenciaga and The Row bags are light. Maybe if you gave us a bit more info?

I would stay away from leather handbags which tend to weigh more. I recommend LV canvas handbags which might work out for you. Speedy, Neverfull...so many options.
I second LV canvas bags, theyre very lightweight. I have to stay away from heavy bags too so I’ve also tried to stop buying bags with straps that are chains as I’ve found the chains can be heavy.

You haven’t mentioned what size bag you’re looking for, that will make a difference weight-wise. There are light weight leathers out there. Hardware too will add weight. Don’t know what you’re looking for style-wise, Longchamp Le Cuir bags are very light. Some (not all) of my Balenciaga and The Row bags are light. Maybe if you gave us a bit more info?
I like all types and styles, not sure exactly what I'm looking for, I just know what I like when I see it. I was hoping to be able to find a medium sized lightweight structured handbag like YSL Sac de jour but I am realizing that's probably never going to happen. I will probably have to stick to smaller cross body types. I did find a cute Balenciaga handbag, ty.

Reactions: muchstuff
Goyard St. Louis is very light and I have not had problems with cracked handles
hermes tends to be heavy
chanel middle of the road weight.
I also like the BV hobo for its light weight
balenciaga tote seems lightweight, but I have not owned one, so I’m not sure.

a wallet and SLG adds considerably To the weight, a a purse organizer can sometimes lighten th load.

• Love